cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outer Banks

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed here a couple years ago (3 to be exact). Beach, lighthouse, aquarium (rain day). Was there for just a few days before heading west to Asheville. If one is to stay in the Banks for a week (give or take), what else is there to do within reason or day trip. Pets would be left at CG.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
7 REPLIES 7

maskins
Explorer
Explorer
Goto Wanchese and get seafood. This is where the fishing boats take their catch. It doesn't get any fresher. We really like this place http://onealsseaharvest.com/.
Chevy Duramax
Wildcat 327RE

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Take that big Ford out on the beach. No permit needed if youโ€™re north of Corolla or $50 for a week on the NPS lands. We like to find a quiet spot on the Sound side and place our chairs out in the water.

In Manteo, visit Fort Raleigh and, if youโ€™re in to formal landscaping, the nearby Elizabethan Gardens one afternoon. Then, as others have suggested, take in The Lost Colony on the same grounds that evening. The Manteo waterfront, QE II sailing ship, NC Aquarium and Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hdq are all in that area and worth a visit.

The NPS Visitor Centers often have hands on activities such as fishing, crabbing, seining that are fun to participate in.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed the Wright Brothers Memorial,the Life Saving Museum in Rodanthe and the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum in Frisco. We stayed at the national park Campground in Frisco. No hookups but large secluded sites and a great beach. You can run your generator and if you are 62 or over and have the America the Beautiful Pass,it's $13 a night.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Dolphin watch trip out of Manteo as well as wandering the town.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
We went last April for 3 days. Stayed in Cape Hatteras KOA. Nice park. Weather was beautiful but still too cool for swimming. Much of obx was closed, so we spent some time surf fishing, took drive to lighthouse and orcakoke. We also rented jeep for a drive on beach.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Go to see "The Lost Colony" show, take a whale watching cruise, or go fishing.

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Jockeys Ridge, Wright Memorial, Ferry to Orcacoke, see the horses at Corolla off the top of my head