cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnight parking Northwrst of Columbia, SC

ajk170
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning our trip up to Gatlinburg statrting this Thursday eve leaving from Hinesville, Ga area and look to stop between Columbia and Spartanburg SC. I'm thinking exit 76 (Pomaria/Newberry)at the Walmart or exit 21a Spartanburg) has anybody stayed at either overnight? I'm a little nervous about those since I've read that some Walmarts don't allow overnight at the larger plazas and these seem like larger plazas. I was also thinking of taking 95 north to 20 in SC, but I think the traffic is going to be pretty bad Thursday night due to hurricane Matthew. Maybe an alternate route up through Augusta(?)
4 REPLIES 4

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to take the info at the WalmartLocator with a grain of salt. I looked up the Walmarts in Delaware and the one near where I live says no overnight parking. However I see numerous trucks and RV's in there overnight all the time. A call to where you are thinking to stop might be in order if you have no alternates available.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
We used to park overnight at the Elks Club near Orangeburg.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I've never stopped at a Walmart west of Columbia, but I have stayed at a few in Columbia and the one in Orangeburg, SC. Orangeburg, SC is not too far off 301, which I imagine how you would go from Hinesville; that's how we go from Brunswick when we want to avoid I-95 and a lot of I-26. There is a Walmart Neighborhood Market just off 301. Orangeburg isn't far from Columbia. The ones we have stayed at in Columbia are noisy. Columbia is a large trucking hub and there have always been large amounts of trucks at the Walmarts we've stayed at. The one in Orangeburg is much quieter. There has never been more than 1 RV when we were there and no trucks.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer