cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pismo Beach CG Recommendation

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a central CA beach campground recommendation. Will be for a 4 day stay, just after Easter. I know So. Calif well, but have not stayed at Pismo Beach. We are looking for something on or near the beach, but donโ€™t want to be surrounded by ATVโ€™s (we will not have beach going vehicles). We do want to be in walking distance from sand and surf for the kids. Does the Calif State CG make sense, or should I look at one of the private CGโ€™s? Hook ups would be nice, but arenโ€™t required.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV
15 REPLIES 15

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions, just made reservations for Apr at Pismo Coast Village. Will check out other CG's when there.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:

In that case you gotta "CALL THE BANANA BOY!"

Folks who frequent that campground will know who the Banana Boy is!

Ha Ha yea,used them when Camping with a the toys on Oceano Dunes SVRA.

Had to use them once and fork out $25 to drain the grey tank; had no choice! They do make a killing off the folk in the dunes as you mentioned!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:

Ha Ha yea,used them when Camping with a the toys on Oceano Dunes SVRA.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I know what you mean,a several years back I went to the wrong one,North Campground.The last time I was there the dump station was closed at North Campground too.

Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know what you mean,a several years back I went to the wrong one,North Campground.The last time I was there the dump station was closed at North Campground too.
Buying A Rental Class C

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
We try to go to Pismo about twice a year.
We always stay at the North Shore state campground because it has water and electric.

When did they out water and electric in North Campground? I was there last year and it was dry camping,now Oceano has Water and Electric but I have never seen it at North Campground.

Sorry about that, you're correct, I meant Oceano. Always get those 2 mixed up!

Oceano's the one off Pier street, the street that goes right to the beach and the dunes.

Biggest downside to Oceano, unless they changed it, is there is no dump station so if you're staying a few days, you can't dump your tanks, or use your tote, unless you're willing to break camp and drive down the road to North Shore. Maybe a dump station is open now?
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:
We always stay at the North Shore state campground because it has water and electric.

When did they out water and electric in North Campground? I was there last year and it was dry camping,now Oceano has Water and Electric but I have never seen it at North Campground.
Buying A Rental Class C

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer

Pismo Coast is nice but not our cup of tea. We always stay at the North Shore state campground because it has water and electric. BAD thing is they don't have a dump station for some reason, or did not the last 2 times we were there.

The other state campground slomark referred to is beautiful but dry camping only, so take your pick. All 3 campgrounds are a very short walk to the sand.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Just be sure to take that left turn at Albuquerque
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I live five miles from Pismo Beach, in Arroyo Grande. The State Park is beautiful, near the sand and a very short walk to the waves. The private campgrounds are very crowded, but have hookups, and are near the waves as well. The question is; no hook-ups and more space in the SP, or the inverse in the private CPs.
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Compared to the state parks yes but their Rates are in line with the other Resorts there and having stayed in most of them I would take Pismo Coast Village over them,that is why you should make reservations early,they do fill up quickly.

Plus they have a great perk that I have used.

Mid-Week Special : Check in on Sunday or Monday, pay for three nights, and weโ€™ll give you the fourth night free.
Buying A Rental Class C

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
If you decide on Pismo Coast Village call and make reservation as soon as they will allow. They are always busy.

Be prepared to pay the highest prices in the Pismo Beach area $$$$
The RV sites are not spacious and vehicle parking is tight.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide on Pismo Coast Village call and make reservation as soon as they will allow. They are always busy.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have stayed in a few places in Pismo the nicest RV park is Pismo Coast Village Short walk to the beach,no vehicles around,short bike ride into town or a nice walk.

Pismo North Beach state park is Next to Pismo Coast, all dry camping,short walk to beach kinda seedy at times, some small sites,best look at Google earth to see the sites.

Then there is Oceano Has hookups and a short walk to beach and the entrance to theOHV area where you can rent ATVs.

My choice is Pismo Coast Village. If you have Google Earth look at them all and decide.

Good luck and have fun. The Kids will love it on the beach,there are always a lot of sand dollars littering the beach.
Buying A Rental Class C