cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Private property parking

CaptnCook
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a forum I can offer a month of free rv parking with full HU in exchange for watering and feeding chickens? Also collecting eggs.
23 REPLIES 23

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
I would be very concerned about publicly offering a stay to an unknown party for an extended period and a lot of people knowing there would be no one home for that time. Call me overly cautious, if you will.

Be very cautious, evicting someone who decides to stay is a nightmare, especially in these times (COVID). I would reconsider, but best of luck.
Gman
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
CaptnCook wrote:
Is there a forum I can offer a month of free rv parking with full HU in exchange for watering and feeding chickens? Also collecting eggs.

I would have if you are just nearby.

I love doing these things -- and probably get a bonus of free-range organic eggs, right?

Same here if it fit my schedule.
Agree that offering here is a great idea. Win-Win for both parties if you can find the right folks.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're already set up to receive private messages, though there's some filtering on who can send them (and it appears to be enabled by default). Towards the top right of the screen you can see "Welcome, CaptnCook!" and a few links underneath it. "My Forums" is the link to get to your preferences and signature information and so forth; and next to it is a "Private Messages" link to read any PMs you may have. Under "My Formus", the "Preferences" tab has a section that sets whether or not anyone and everyone can send you a private message, and a couple other options.

CaptnCook
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
I tried to send PM but can't. I grew up on a farm in NW Mo. Might be interested, but need more Info, time and place.

We are one hour south of Kansas City. Thinking of start mid september, earliest, or mid October for one month. Not sure how this forum works with PMs. If you could please let me know and I will get set up to receive PMs. Thanks

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Impressive, that's a lot of eggs! We too have predators and two runs but both are night secure. Had a day pen once but the worry of entry wasn't too much so rebuilt the second run larger. Enjoy your time away, someone will step up.
rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried to send PM but can't. I grew up on a farm in NW Mo. Might be interested, but need more Info, time and place.

CaptnCook
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your suggestions and comments. There are 24 layers and 3 roosters plus a dozen pullets. Auto waterers and feeders are good but there are preditors here so we like to secure the chickens at night. We have a day pen and a smaller night/early morning pen. The coop and night pen are preditor proof but the large day pen is not. So that adds a morning and evening chore as well as feed and water. Will try another search for the right rv'er on boondockers or Craigslist.

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
You want a service from someone. Paying them for the service is how the world rotates.

He is paying them. A full hook up site for a month. For gathering a few eggs and feeding some chickens. Pretty sweet deal to me.
Ya know you comment on almost every post, and never a good comment never a positive comment, always the school hall monitor type of comment. Why is that?

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
This is our solution to the same problem with our chickens AND rabbits. Get automatic waters (about $30 for chicken water) and extra large feeders (for the chickens about $30). We normally have 6-8 hens and the chicken feeder last at least a month or more. The water needs to be cleaned out at least once a month but could wait until you get home. So, one of our local friends come and collect the eggs every other day and get to keep everything while we are gone. They also get free eggs as needed when we are home. The auto waters and larger feeders are worth the purchase just for my own time saved on a daily basis. Both can be ordered online or purchased at your local feed store. No one will know you are gone or no newbie will be coming on your property when you are not there. LOCK the GATES and give a key to your egg collecting friends. Gates are always closed and look locked anyway. Good luck!
rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chicken and eggs for every meal. Bring your own biscuit mix?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
Try boondockerswelcome.com. I know you have to pay if you use it to find a place to stay but not sure if you are offering a place to stay.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
How many chickens?

Admin
Workamping
Admin
RV.net

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
CaptnCook wrote:

I would have if you are just nearby.

I love doing these things -- and probably get a bonus of free-range organic eggs, right?