cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prophetstown State Park, West Lafayette, indiana

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
This is a nice state park that has large sites, nice roads and clean rest rooms. About half the park is full hookups with 50 amp service, the other is 30/50 amp with no other hookups. There are paved bike trails. Lafayette is a fun town with many nice restaurants. Here are a couple aerial photos.

Jim

Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper
10 REPLIES 10

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
jwoods61us wrote:
We love Prophetstown SP, too! Do you have any other pics you can share?

I do have some more, only from the non full hookup area. Here is one, I will add some more shortly.

Jim

deweysmith5
Explorer
Explorer
We love Prophetstown as well. We try to make it our last trip of the year in the FHU section so that we can give our tanks an extra flush. We love the tall grass prairie that is so different than the deciduous forests of most of the rest of the State parks in Indiana. For those that like wine the Wildcat Winery nearby is an excellent winery. We will not get to see the new water park in action but at least we will visit it. According to a campground host last year there are plans to build an additional campground and mountain bike trails (or prairie trails???). This year we will add geocaching to our lists of things done at the park.
2016 Cougar xlite 27rks
2015 Duramax Z71 Silverado
The Wife, The Lab, and sometimes a grandkid or two

jwoods61us
Explorer
Explorer
We love Prophetstown SP, too! Do you have any other pics you can share?
John, Lorie, Franklin, Sammi, Tina
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins G56
2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2912BS

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, Yes, it was a bit of a soggy weekend, to say the least. I always feel for those reenactors at the Feast who are spending the weekend in their tents when rains like that occur. I do recall your having posted previously about your RC helicopter. Looks like you're doing well with it; those pictures are great! Seems like an interesting hobby.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
We were in the fhu section, near the end of the outside loop. So the pictures you posted are from this past weekend? Very nice shots!

Yes we just left there this morning 10/7/13, we arrived Friday afternoon the 5th. The wind was a bit harsh for flying my copter so I didn't get to fly everywhere I wanted. We drove past the Feast of the Hunters Saturday afternoon and it looked very muddy!

Jim

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
We were in the fhu section, near the end of the outside loop. So the pictures you posted are from this past weekend? Very nice shots!

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
X2! Just got back from a weekend at Prophetstown to attend the Feast of the Hunters Moon. Also a historic battlefield and Wolf Park nearby. Great park, great area.

Were you in the full hook up section or the electricity only section? I may have taken a photo of your RV from the air, I only have photos of the electric only sites.

Jim

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
X2! Just got back from a weekend at Prophetstown to attend the Feast of the Hunters Moon. Also a historic battlefield and Wolf Park nearby. Great park, great area.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Poverty Point State Park Louisiana is another beautiful park with full hookups.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another nice facility is Ross Camp. It is a county facility in W Lafayette. Paved roads, dump, water & electric. Bath/shower house with hot showers. $14.50 per night last time we were there.