cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramblin’ Pines Campground MD

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
DD just moved to MD we have never camped there. First all the state campgrounds close in late Oct. for camping. Where
DD lives (Frederick MD) there isn't much selection and this place reminds me of a KOA (which I hate). I wonder if there is anything else close by that I missed on RVreviews. We go there in a few days and will still there again in mid April. I need to find a good spot as as long as DD decides to stay there we are locked in at least a few times a year to see GS.

Any help is welcome. I am not used to spending 55 a night to park in a field!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.
13 REPLIES 13

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crows Nest is a pretty little spot, but unless they've changed you almost have to go knock on the door to get a hold of them. Phone? What phone?
Puma 30RKSS

stevenann
Explorer
Explorer
Ramblin Pines is about 25 mins from Frederick. The State CG's in Thurmount are nice, about 10 mins away. Crows Nest CG is also there, and Evergreen. Brunswick has a great river view from some sites but the trains are really loud and they run 24/7, the hitching station is right there, okay for a weekend. There is a CG in Frederick directly behind the Lowe's it appears to be long term sites, no trees, commercial properties on all sides, not sure of the name.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Stay a week or a full month and I bet the per day rate will be much less. That's how we save $$'s.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
DD just moved to MD we have never camped there. First all the state campgrounds close in late Oct. for camping. Where
DD lives (Frederick MD) there isn't much selection and this place reminds me of a KOA (which I hate). I wonder if there is anything else close by that I missed on RVreviews. We go there in a few days and will still there again in mid April. I need to find a good spot as as long as DD decides to stay there we are locked in at least a few times a year to see GS.

Any help is welcome. I am not used to spending 55 a night to park in a field!

Here are a few more area options:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26370328
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
det62 wrote:
Ramblin' Pines will be just fine. Also, you won't be parking in a "field" 😉

Depends on where they put you. If you're in the front section, you're in a field with an awesome view of their storage lot.

To the OP, here's a review that I wrote of them with pictures of their funky water hookups:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26370328/gotomsg/26379418.cfm#26379418
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for you info. I've never been in that area WITH the TT. Heck never been to DC so as we get to know the area should be interesting.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can-AmDuo wrote:
Have you checked out Brunswick Family Campground in Brunswick, MD? They are open until November 17.

Brunswick Family Campground

This IS a nice campground. I see they have a discount for sites in November. I did a Mapquest.com check and they're only 25 minutes from Frederick. Didn't realize they were that close.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

det62
Explorer
Explorer
Ramblin' Pines will be just fine. Also, you won't be parking in a "field" 😉
1994 Georgie Boy Pursuit 32 foot Class A

Debbie (owner, pilot and navigator):B
Steve (campfire starter):Z
Matthew - age 17 Got Fish ?? :@
Rebecca - age 16 Got Wi-fi ?? :h

Papasmurf10
Explorer
Explorer
Gettysburg PA is within 30 miles of Frederick with a lot more campgrounds to choose from. I don't know how late in the year most are open. I am pretty sure Gettysburg Campground is open till the end of November. A very nice place.
2008 Ford F-350 Laredo
2009 Montana 1465

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Like others have said, pickings are slim in that area, Ramblin Pines is about the best you are going to get.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Ramblin Pines is an OK campground If you are just using it for the hook ups. you'll be fine. There is also Little Bennet county park however they have limited availability in November. May consider little Bennet in April.
Another option is Brunswick Family CG in Brunswick, MD

Both are about as far away as Ramblin Pines.

Little Bennett Campground

Cg's in Hagerstown,MD and Gettysburg are relatively close and convenient to Frederick.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Can-AmDuo
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked out Brunswick Family Campground in Brunswick, MD? They are open until November 17.

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to say it's slim pickings for campgrounds there. We stayed at Capitol KOA and the grands really enjoyed the playground. You can use the Woodalls/Good Sam's to search in a wider radius. Gettysburg PA has a few options. http://www.woodalls.com/
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus