cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Returning to the RGV after 11 years of snowbirding Fla.

Admiral
Explorer
Explorer
Last time there we spent a month camping in the Mission area. We're looking for recommendations for reasonably priced rv parks with FHU. We plan to arrive near the end of Jan and stay in different parks for a few weeks until the end of March. Last time the parks were 3/4 full and we had no problem getting sites w/o reservations, can we expect the same? Looking forward to your responses. Admiral

2004 Damon Daybreak 2960F V-10
05 Honda Element LX

Compassion should be voluntary, not mandatory.

15 REPLIES 15

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
The other thing that Alamo Rec-Veh offers, is a nice group of active Singles. They dance, potluck, play board games, do day trips, and have daily Happy Hours. About 12 to 30 at any one time. The park give a nice discount to Singles.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
You have a lot of checking to do, as there are over 400 parks in the RGV.
Each unique in some way. I am at Alamo Rec-Veh in Alamo, Texas which caters to the Remote control crowd; boats, cars, etc. as well as having an air rifle shooting range. We are also known for our music jams, card playing, and pool tables. Choices choices.

I was just there the other day.. to view/ask about R/C truck racing.
did it for years up north. but carpet cars.

did not know about air rifle stuff.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
Chuck, Wifie and I will be back there before long. Maybe we can meet.

Let me Know.. We am here till April.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
You have a lot of checking to do, as there are over 400 parks in the RGV.
Each unique in some way. I am at Alamo Rec-Veh in Alamo, Texas which caters to the Remote control crowd; boats, cars, etc. as well as having an air rifle shooting range. We are also known for our music jams, card playing, and pool tables. Choices choices.

gray_squirrel
Explorer
Explorer
I'm checing all these campground suggestions as the come in ...thanks, Admiral

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Mission West and Americana near Mission.
pawatt

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've used this park quite a bit over the last few years as a work site. Friendly people, clean, comfortable and well located. Great gym, pool and club house.

Casa del Valle Alamo, Tx.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck, Wifie and I will be back there before long. Maybe we can meet.
God Bless!

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
I recommend the Mission Bell RV park. it is located at 1711 US 83 Business in Mission, TX.

I am across the street.. sister Park.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend the Mission Bell RV park. it is located at 1711 US 83 Business in Mission, TX.
God Bless!

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Fellow Northern Ohio Rv'er.

Here in Mission.. many here are at 70 percent or less. many open sites.

we are here till April.

Admiral
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I'll use it wisely.

2004 Damon Daybreak 2960F V-10
05 Honda Element LX

Compassion should be voluntary, not mandatory.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Only a few of the most expensive or cheapest parks will be full when you get here. Here in Alamo, Texas, which is centrally located, there are parks in the $200-$300 month range with discounts for longer stays.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Also ask and shop for first timer discounts, many parks with vacancies will offer a discount to get you in.
pawatt