cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadrunner campground, Red river?

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at this campground? We will be staying there Saturday- Friday, anything we should be aware of?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies. We are staying in site 68 along the river. We have a full hookup site, so the wife and kid can shower.

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there for a week in the fall of 2015 and 2014. As far as I know, the change of ownership was in 2014. The park had been closed to short term visitors for at least a year prior. We had the same backin site adjacent to the river both times. The utilities all worked well. I don't remember about the WIFI or cell service. We were able to get satellite TV with our tripod mounted antenna. If you want hookups, in my opinion it is the best park in Red River, but it is also the most expensive. It is a pretty good hike to downtown compared to at least some of the other RV parks. As with any park, some sites are larger and more private than others. The Red River runs right through the park and was decent fishing both times we were there. The road that the park is on follows the river up into the Carson National Forest. For those that do not want hookups, there are some nice Forest Service campgrounds just East of Red River. However, some will be closed this time of year.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard over the weekend that new people purchased this campground and they are trying to bring it back. Don't know how good or bad it may be by the time you arrive. But hopefully, it's on the "upswing".