cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parky website

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Someone recently posted a link to this great website - love the searches and extensive data base.

Question is does anybody know where they get the star ratings on campgrounds.

The website itself gives you no information
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
22 REPLIES 22

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I just found this thread and just downloaded the app to my android phone. It's quite impressive.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

sandsprite
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny RV Parky wrote:
Glad you found my website. I am the developer of http://www.rvparky.com.

Since it is a new website, lots of parks do not have any ratings yet. Instead of showing these as 0 stars, I calculated an average rating from other websites to give a general impression of the park's quality.

For those parks that do not have any reviews yet, there is a "Search the web for reviews" link that will take you directly to a Google search for the RV park -- which will usually take you to rvparkreviews.com.

If you have any other questions, then you can ask me here or email me at help@rvparky.com.

By the way, I also have available an Android app. An iOS (iPhone/iPad) app is coming very soon.

Have this app on my Android phone and have found it to be quite helpful. Was very useful this summer when I traveled from WV to MD to VT to ME. Job well done!

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
I too like it and use it on my phone. So handy, and you just click the link for reviews and usually end up at rvparkreviews anyway.

Blackcell
Explorer
Explorer
Great website indeed! Don't have much to offer but agree should be similar to hotel ratings.
2009 Carriage Cameo 35SB3, 12.4K dry, 36' Fiver
2012 F350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ultimate FX4, Chrome package, Nav, SRW, CC, LB, 11.5K GVWR, 3.55 ELA, 20" wheels, Toyo AT II, Mor/ryde pin box, Husky 26K hitch
United States Navy Combat Veteran

Lenny_RV_Parky
Explorer
Explorer
mileshuff wrote:
Great website!! I did check out a couple RV parks I've been to and see what the site says. Buelleton, CA Flying Flags rates 4 stars while Pechenga RV in Temecula, CA ranks 3 stars. Neither has any reviews. While both parks are very good decent parks, Pechenga is WAY above Flying Flags. The latter is a campground type park, gravel roads, simple but nice. Pechenga is a big rig upscale RV park, wide spots, grass between them, paved roads etc. I think reviews are subject to what a person likes and where they have traveled. I think a better method of star rating would be similar to hotel star ratings. Has nothing to do with reviews but rather the type of park, amenities etc.

For example, A 1 star RV park would be a dirt or paved lot, no trees, basic pool, just basic essentials. Lost Hills, CA KOA comes to mind as a 1 *. 2 star would add hot tub and wifi but still very basic. 3 to 5 stars would add wider spots, more pull thru's, nicer pool, kids play ground, park activities, club house etc.

You bring up a good point. I also think that star ratings are not the best way to rate RV parks, but I included them because most people expect a star rating. I know that I've been to some clean, inexpensive RV Parks right off the freeway with easy pull-thrus that are perfect for an overnight stay but I would not want to stay for a week. I am working on some ideas to make the ratings better. I welcome any suggestions.

By the way, the iPhone/iPad version just got approved by Apple and is now available on iTunes! (link removed due to forum rules)

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Great website!! I did check out a couple RV parks I've been to and see what the site says. Buelleton, CA Flying Flags rates 4 stars while Pechenga RV in Temecula, CA ranks 3 stars. Neither has any reviews. While both parks are very good decent parks, Pechenga is WAY above Flying Flags. The latter is a campground type park, gravel roads, simple but nice. Pechenga is a big rig upscale RV park, wide spots, grass between them, paved roads etc. I think reviews are subject to what a person likes and where they have traveled. I think a better method of star rating would be similar to hotel star ratings. Has nothing to do with reviews but rather the type of park, amenities etc.

For example, A 1 star RV park would be a dirt or paved lot, no trees, basic pool, just basic essentials. Lost Hills, CA KOA comes to mind as a 1 *. 2 star would add hot tub and wifi but still very basic. 3 to 5 stars would add wider spots, more pull thru's, nicer pool, kids play ground, park activities, club house etc.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Gunner45
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good, thank you!

~ Dori ~

Lenny_RV_Parky
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
It would be nice if you could choose how many miles radius from the community you enter: ie: Bremerton, WA 10 miles.

Thanks for the suggestion. The website has this functionality. There is a "Max Distance" drop down on the left side of the search results. The app does not have this, but results are sorted by distance from the location you entered (or your location if you used the "Search Near Me" button.

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
It would be nice if you could choose how many miles radius from the community you enter: ie: Bremerton, WA 10 miles.

clydengail
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the app and really like it.
TV - 2007.5 GMC Duramax 4x4 Ext Cab
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice web site. Easy to use with really good, basic information.

Thank You,
CarlGeo

Lenny RV Parky wrote:

Since it is a new website, lots of parks do not have any ratings yet. Instead of showing these as 0 stars, I calculated an average rating from other websites to give a general impression of the park's quality.

For those parks that do not have any reviews yet, there is a "Search the web for reviews" link that will take you directly to a Google search for the RV park -- which will usually take you to rvparkreviews.com.

If you have any other questions, then you can ask me here or email me at help@rvparky.com.

By the way, I also have available an Android app. An iOS (iPhone/iPad) app is coming very soon.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny RV Parky wrote:

I have the Android app and so far I really like it.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
I have the app on my Android phone and have used it frequently to check out RV parks in different areas. Great app!
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny RV Parky wrote:

Really like what you have done, Good Sam should buy you out and scrap theirs.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks