cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Resorts

jeffengle
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about heading south next winter, do you have a favorite RV Resort that you go to & cost. Could be in Fl., Texas, Arizona.
20 REPLIES 20

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
All depends on how much of a "resort" you are looking for.

We like Desert Trails in Tucson. Next winter will be our seventh. Lots of activities and friendly people.

Voyager is more of a "resort" and the price reflects it.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

ronfisherman
Moved from Class C.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
A bit farther north with fairly warm winters is Hot Springs Arkansas. Catherine's Landing RV Resort with access to Lake Catherine. Back in site $545.99 per month includes electricity. Lots to do in the area.
Farther south in Freeport Florida is Live Oak Landing. $674.99 per month includes electricity. 11 miles to the beach. Quiet park, beautiful shade trees.
Note: many parks add electric charges to their monthly rate so be sure to compare apple to apples.
If you don't care about being near the beach, we also like Williston Crossings in Williston FL. $627 per month plus electric.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
tatest wrote:
Or "Snowbirds" forum.
x2, and search those states.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or "Snowbirds" forum.

I know which one on Florida my cousin goes to, and why (a group of fellow bikers get together for the whole winter) but we've not discussed how much it costs. I'm sure there are other people who avoid this resort because of the bikers congregating there.

One of my own favorites is Cedar Oaks RV Resort in Grove, Oklahoma. Last time I checked it was under $500 a month for a winter stay, electricity not included. There is a winter clientele that looks not for warm, rather a survivable winter, and there a larger group spring and fall, as a stage in a slower migration that follows the seasons.

This year some of my Michigan - Florida friends went back when it got warm early, only to have to deal with late heavy snowfalls in May.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
You might have better luck if you post this to the " RV Parks and Campgrounds " forum.
:C
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us