cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon coast

jomimac
Explorer
Explorer
In the next few days we will be traveling the Oregon coast from Lincoln City to Florence before we head back east to Crater Lake. Does anyone have input about campgrounds or sights to see along the coast?
16 REPLIES 16

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
We like Tidal Raves Restaurant in Depoe Bay. Right on the ocean with big window views. You may be able to pull over and park on the side of the main road through town.

Just North of downtown Florence (4 miles) is Pacific Pines RV Park, we stayed 3 months, by the Fred Meyer grocery store.

At Crater Lake, we ate at the lodge, good food and great view of lake by the visitor center.

On the way to Crater Lake there is a nice museum, free with donation recommended, a lot of artifacts, in White City and a Mill. Also the visitor center has picnic tables on the creek, very nice!

sealevel_ram
Explorer
Explorer
Wishbone51 wrote:
Sea and Sand RV Park in Depoe Bay, just south of Lincoln City. You won't be able to get one of the ocean front spaces on short notice, but the rest of the park is nice, and an easy walk to the beach.

I will second this recommendation.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
We spend the summers along the Oregon, Wash Coast for the last 13 years and the places mentioned were right on as I believe we have been to most of them
samsontdog:o:W

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one mentioned the Port of Siuslaw RV Park in Florence.... right on the river. You can walk into Old Town for shopping and fine dining and just stroll along the Docks. The RV Park is nothing fancy, but is well run and very convenient to Old Town ( Bay Street ).
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon State Parks are some of the best in the country - Beverly Beach is one of my favorites. With that said - Schools out and finding a spot maybe tough - especially on weekends. If you want to use State Park try weekday and arrive early. Your weekends maybe tough to find in State Park - probably private campgrounds only.
Kevin

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
Sea and Sand RV Park in Depoe Bay, just south of Lincoln City. You won't be able to get one of the ocean front spaces on short notice, but the rest of the park is nice, and an easy walk to the beach.

2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We just saw a mom and baby whale at Boiler Bay ( South of Depoe ) last week about 10 feet off shore at high tide. They were just cruising around, probably eating, for about a half hour.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

sealevel_ram
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what kind of rig you have, but if it is a class A, check out Pacific Shores just north of Newport, if you want a fancy (and expensive) place.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
We were just in that area last month. We stayed at Beverly Beach State park, just north of Newport. Good location for visiting both Newport and Lincoln City. Very nice park in the woods with some FHU's. Path under highway to miles of beach. In Lincoln City stop in at Barnacle Bill's Seafood Market for the smoked salmon, and if you enjoy craft beer try Rusty Truck Brewing. In Newport Szabo's Steakhouse for great food at reasonable prices (locals place). There is also a nice little aquarium in Newport that's worth a look, and of course Yaquina Lighthouse.

We also stayed at South Beach State Park south of Newport. Open park with lots kids, noise, mosquitoes and little privacy. No FHU's

Next we went to Carl Washburne State Park north of Florence. Very nice wooded park with many private sites. Lots of FHU's and a great beach across the highway. Some sites can be a bit tight if you have a big rig. Near Heceta Lighthouse, Sea Lion Cave, and many beaches. Drive 10 miles north to Cape Perpetua Visitor Center/ Thor's Well.

We ended our trip at Harbor Vista County Park in Florence. Beautiful park. Lots of privacy, near town and beaches. Water and electric only. Florence is a great area with lots of good restaurants in the Old Town. Make reservations at the Waterfront Depot and try for a table at the window. The Bridgewater Fish House and Bay Street Grill are also excellent. For a great lunch the Taste of Hawaii Food Truck (near Safeway). The small lighthouse in town is also worth a look.

Have fun. Safe travels
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with the state park recommendation. Beachside SP is, well, right on the beach, but only a few longer sites. If you can't get one to fit there, try a couple miles down the road at Tillicum Beach NFS CG. Longer sites there, but generally books full on weekends.

In Florence, don't miss Waterfront Depot for seafood. Make reservations or prepare for long wait.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Sea Perch RV resort in Yachats and lunch or dinner at Luna Sea Fish House. Cape Perpetua and Devil's Churn also good stops on way to Sea Perch. Try to get ocean front at Sea Perch, expensive but worth it. There are lots of pull offs and view points on the ocean side so watch out for them. May be a little too late for whales heading north. Depot Bay seems to have a lot of whales, but check with locals if any are still about. At this time of year, you will need reservations in most places, especially state parks.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I think you'll find Haceta Head just halfway between Florence and Yachats not north of Newport and it is worth a stop. There is a day use area below the lighthouse. The Oregon Coast Aquarium on the south side of the river in Newport is also worth a stop as is the waterfront of Newport. Beverly Beach north of Newport is a great campground as is South Beach just south of Newport. Yachats is a quaint little village but we haven't eaten there since we sold our home there 18 years ago. The state park(no campground) I nice for tide pools and south of the river for beach walking. Just a few miles north is Waldport, some campgrounds there(up river and a very expensive KOA) nice beach walking at Bayshore north of the Alsea River. Lot's of places for crab in Waldport and crabbing on city pier with rented gear in Waldport.

Florence is sort of home for me and sand dunes are a must. The south jetty is not part of the Sand Dunes recreation area and is free, don't pay the entrance fee. The north jetty has miles of dunes and lots of driftwood.

We don't recommend Mo's anymore since Mo died the food has suffered. BJ's ice cream is great and Old Town is nice shopping. Honeyman's State park is nice but hard to get a space. I could go on but I'm off to the dentist.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Y-Guy
State of Oregon has some amazing campgrounds along the coast, you really can't do wrong at any of them. Beverly Beach SP south of Lincoln City is a personal favorite as well as Honeyman down in Florence. However if they have an opening I'd highly recommend staying a night at Sea Perch RV Resort which is south of Yachats.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
2 Must sees....

Just North of Newport
Stop at Yaquina Head Lighthouse and see the lighthouse, and at low tide walk down to the lava rock beach to see the tide pools and seals.

Stop in Yachats for lunch, then head South to Cape Perpetua at near high tide to check out Devils Churn and Thors Well. It is one of the most beautiful areas along the Coast. Have your camera ready!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us