cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio

desertdiehard
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on heading to San Antonio in September. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good RV park. I will be towing a 32' travel trailer.
14 REPLIES 14

GPs
Explorer
Explorer
We are at KOA San Antonio right now and it is nice--off I-10 Exit 580. We plan to get bus to downtown across the street. It's supposed to be 10 minutes to downtown.
G & G P
2000 Ford F250
2000 Lance 1030

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
ogfalconsr wrote:
Depending on what your budget is there is a really nice park off of 1604 (west of I-10) called Blazing Star RV Resort that's really nice. Close to Sea World and Fiesta Texas if Theme Parks are your thing.

Blazing Star an upscale RV Park for sure, but in a good location for Sea World/Fiesta Texas and not far from TX 151 which will take you towards downtown (but avoid rush hour at all costs).

The Admiralty RV park is nearby but has been hemmed in by the fast-growing suburbs. Now there's a big construction project next door so it looks less appealing than before, though the facility itself looks nice enough.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on what your budget is there is a really nice park off of 1604 (west of I-10) called Blazing Star RV Resort that's really nice. Close to Sea World and Fiesta Texas if Theme Parks are your thing.
Gene & Robin Somogyi
Proud Parents of an Air Force Fighter Pilot
2015 3500 Chevy CC/Duramax/Allison/4X4
2005 Discover America LS 33.5RLTG
Two (his & her) 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4Tec Supercharged toys
2006 EZ-Go 6Passenger Cart

desertdiehard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. It looks like Travelers World is the place to stay. It has been 40 years since I was stationed at Lackland AFB and looking forward to visiting San Antonio again.

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a golfer--check out the Alamo City Golf Trail courses--all are great but it will be hot but since you are from AZ -- Texas in Sept may seem mild! Alamo City Golf Trail are the city owned courses. Riverside is next door to Travelers World.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World X6
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World X5 We made that jaunt this year two places to stay on your way that I would recommend are Hacienda RV Resort in Las Cruces NM and Kerrville-Schreiner Park in Kerrville TX
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

JColeman
Explorer
Explorer
Travelers World is great if you want to be in town but there's a small family owned place just on the edge of town but only 15 minutes to the center of downtown, Hidden Valley. There's a private creek there for fishing and it's only 7 miles from a Walmart. It's in a small town, Von Ormy, I think, right off of I-35 south. Real quiet and peaceful, has Wifi and nice people. Enjoy San Antonio.

Wingn
Explorer
Explorer
X4 Traveler World

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Being from San Antonio, we would recommend Boudro's on the river for dinner. It is the perennial favorite of locals for the best Riverwalk Restaurant. On Presa Street downtown is Zinc. It is a bar, but they have a great small menu, a burger, salads, fabulous fries, flatbreads, and probably a special or two. You can sit outside if you like. It is really pretty out there and not a spot that a lot of people know about. A relatively new development in SA is the renovation of the Pearl Brewery. It has shops, restaurants, bars, and a Saturday am Farmer's Mkt. I love to go to it. Il Sogno is our favorite restaurant there, it is Italian. Mexican food on the Riverwalk can be touristy. La Margarita in El Mercado is pretty good. The Mexican Shrimp cocktails are quite good. Rosario's in Southtown is also good, and Traveler's World is close to it. The Guenther House at Pioneer Flour Mills is fun to visit. The home has been restored and worth a tour. They serve breakfast and lunch there, too. While in the area, visit the King William neighborhood, and in particular, the Steve's Home. Very interesting . The homes here were built by the German merchants who were responsible for much of the entrepreneurial spirit of the 19th spirit. A new home has recently opened down there and it has a lot of art work and several collections. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of it, but there will be pamphlets on the The King William Neighborhood, and they should tell about it. The folks at the Steve's Home will know about it as well. If you have any further questions, PM me and I will try to answer your questions. Hope you enjoy your visit.

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
X3 Travelers World.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have also stayed at Travelers World and would again. The street in front goes straight downtown and is an easy short drive to convenient parking to Riverwalk, Alamo, etc.
And as stated above, call and ask directions for your direction of travel. You do not want to arrive via Southcross Blvd from the east due to the rail crossing. Military is a much better route from the east.

canadi-anne
Explorer
Explorer
We like Traveller's World, have stayed there twice. It is a beautiful park with large sites, easy access. There is a bus stop right out front that takes you downtown to the Riverwalk. However, DO NOT follow your GPS for directions, phone them and ask or check their website. There is a really nasty train track with a slope with major clearance issues that will damage your vehicles if you go the wrong way. There is a good Mexican restaurant right across the street. As well, the Missions are all close by.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
There is a lot to see there. The River Walk was really nice.

I went there to see a Dam that my great grandfather worked on way back in 1912. It is the Medina Lake Dam, and took about 2 years to complete. No trucks, no cars, and probably very few horses. Mostly men, mules, oxen, hand picks and shovels. If they made the concrete on site, it was probably run by a steam plant too! No gasoline engines where powerful enough to run a larger concrete plant. Things have really changed in the past 100 years.

Have fun!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com