cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Santa Rosa, N.M. RV Campground

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last night. Got in about 6PM. Park almost empty mid Nov. The office clerk,(Chris?), needs some serious personality &/or attitude adjustments. I waited as he told, another worker, apparent invented war stories & than proud recounts of his weekly run-ins with the local sheriff when he gets drunk. I say apparent since my 30 year military career taught me to know the truth of 'story tellers' fairly well. Not once during this dissertation did he acknowledge that I even existed. Finally he dealt with me as a patron and asked if I was a drunk like him. I asked for an electric site but when I got to the site it was full hookup and far too slanted to get any kind of level. I called and asked for a level, electric only, site which I got after he expressed his displeasure. I later called again to ask if my bill will be adjusted to reflect the $15 cheaper site. The reply was NO because I had asked for the different site & he didn't know how to adjust the computer pricing. LOL. BTW...the restroom in the middle of the park has a filthy floor. There was evidence that 'someone' had dragged a old Slop-Mop across it but the crude & spiders were doing well in the corners & behind the toilets.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
13 REPLIES 13

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Rosa RV Campground. Its in the center of town.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA in Santa Rosa in the late 90's. It was an ok place back then.Is this the one you mean?

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Made the mistake of staying there one time will not make that mistake again.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
I remember now. Chris works here. He doesn't seem to have the personality for the job he is doing. Or what most of us are used to anyway.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
Name of park please.
Dick OK

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed here back in 2011 on our way to Santa Fe - Colorado - Wyoming. Basically it was a place for an overnight for us. There weren't many other RVs at the time (July). There was an older lady manning the desk when we checked in and she seemed nice enough. Tried to get us to have dinner there, but we opted for a place down the street a ways (an old Route 66 cafรฉ). I thought it was a bit dusty, but what place isn't in NM during the summer.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Yea the guy that runs the place is a jerk. We stayed there a year ago and the 30A out let was so loose it wouldn't stay in. I told the guy and he said there was nothing wrong with it and that he had fixed it. When I suggested he come and look he got all bent out of shape. I wont stay there again.
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
We have overnighted twice at the above-referenced CG but the most recent stay was at least five years ago. I recall it as being "average". We did not use the restroom facilities. The last time we went west we stayed at the State Park. We came in on a Sunday night after a BIG weekend. The place was a mess. Staff was busy cleaning it up the next morning though. Guess it just depends on the situation. lizzie

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If you are talking about Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park, rvparkreviews.com reviewers give it mostly average to excellent reviews, with a few poor reviews. Have not stayed there but had previously checked the ratings for a possible future trip.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
It wouldn't be the State Park, thats pick your site and self pay or at least every time we've been there. The last time was this past May. The bathrooms have always been clean.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not familiar with which campground you are referring to. It must not have been the Santa Rosa Lake State Park. The NM state parks are usually great places and I have never met an unfriendly person working at one. Sorry for the bad experience. Please do a review as others have suggested.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
1971duster340 wrote:
Please take a moment and post your comments to the web site rvparkreviews. If you're not familiar with it's purpose, it is camper's reviews of campgounds.

Thanks

x2. Sounds like an awful place.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
Please take a moment and post your comments to the web site rvparkreviews. If you're not familiar with it's purpose, it is camper's reviews of campgounds.

Thanks
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot