cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Savanah, ga

rthibodaux
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Savanah next week, looking for the best CG in the area, thanks
22 REPLIES 22

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
rthibodaux wrote:
Thanks for all the submits, I made reservations at Red Gate, I will follow up with comments after the stay.

You'll wish you had gone to Hardeeville.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

rthibodaux
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the submits, I made reservations at Red Gate, I will follow up with comments after the stay.

Reilly_the_rver
Explorer
Explorer
We like red gate

bqcooker
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at the KOA at Richmond Hills. Takes about 20-25 min to get to downtown Savannah. Nice pull through sites and friendly staff. Easy to get to off of I-95 and a few gas stations right there too.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
netjam wrote:
We like the RED Gate. Close to downtown, on a farm (kind of interesting with the animals) not many sites but large sites. We tried Savanah Oakes as well but location was poor, smaller sites, lots of trees.

Reserved a 50A site here last year and upon arrival was out on 30A site with low voltage. The place was also a dust bowl with dirt roads. NEVER AGAIN! Moved on.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
rthibodaux wrote:
We are heading to Savanah next week, looking for the best CG in the area, thanks
I like the KOA in Richmond Hills. It is very nice.
God Bless!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
tmm2good wrote:
To bad this website does not have a section to ask specifically about campgrounds.

We do! It is called RVParks, Campgrounds, and Attractions.
I have not moved this one there because there have been good replies to the question here.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
No one mentioned Ft McCallister State Park. It is just outside Savannah. Easier to get to than Skidaway, but no FHU. Water Electric Only. These are wooded sites with lots of separation between sites. Because it is wooded, some of the turns are tight if you are long or not comfortable with tight turns between trees.

Red Gate is good location, but absolutely NO privacy between sites. Tybee Island has very close sites. some are extremely narrow, but you book at Tybee for location (on the island, walk to beach, enjoy the party life, etc).

So the real answer is what is the perfect location for you depends on what you want. I have chosen different parks on different trips because I wanted/needed different things.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:
Depends on what utilities you need. The area state parks are good but only Skidaway has a few FHU sites if you're lucky enough to get one.

Correct... I think Skidaway is roughly 15 of the 87 sites are FHU. They are more expensive ($45 per night). Regular sites are $39 per night, but rates vary depending on dates.

Even if you don't get a FHU site, Skidaway is very nice, and most spots are large and dispersed quite well.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Hardeeville RV is good if you want close-by, no frills, and jnharley stated they only have laundry and not bath-house. Yes you can was your RV there if you want.

Rivers end at Tybee is good, smaller sites but full hookups and free Wi-Fi. 20 minutes from downtown, but plenty to do at Tybee.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what utilities you need. The area state parks are good but only Skidaway has a few FHU sites if you're lucky enough to get one.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Hardeeville RV Park right across the border in SC. Good price but must be self contained because they do not have any bathrooms (do have laundry). Passport America is accepted and they allow you to wash your RV. It is just 10 minutes from the Savannah Visitor Center.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
To bad this website does not have a section to ask specifically about campgrounds.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's