cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Savannah GA area CG

jamnw
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling from MS Gulf coast to Lakewood CG in Myrtle Beach, via Savannah.

I'm looking for suggestions for an overnight CG in Savannah.

Thanks in advance.
MARRIED WITH 2 BOYS: AGES 11 AND 13 years!
2000 F250 PSD/CREW CAB (301000 original miles)
2014 Keystone Springdale 320FWFBH
USN Veteran, Aegis FC
22 REPLIES 22

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed at both Skidaway for a few days & Hardeeville for a one-nighter while en route. IMO, I'd stay at Hardeeville if you're just passing through and won't be sightseeing the area. If you decide to stay for a few days, then Skidaway would be my choice.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
jamnw wrote:
I will be traveling from MS Gulf coast to Lakewood CG in Myrtle Beach, via Savannah.

I'm looking for suggestions for an overnight CG in Savannah.

Thanks in advance.

i would 2nd Hardeeville,to us ,it seems closes to the River front..nice big sites and clean
also for lunch try Mrs Wilkes Dining Room on 109 West Jones st...only open from 11 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday ...IMHO it is the best southern cooking there is...line starts about 1015am to get in...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway would be my choice.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

C_Ref
Explorer
Explorer
Just stayed at Skidaway Island SP this past Tuesday through Thursday night. Very large pull through sites. Short drive to Savannah and Tybee Island. Definitely will return.
2002 Shasta Cheyenne 304 class C, Ford E450

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Skidaway State Park is awesome. No way I could spend just one night in Savannah; too much to see. Such a beautiful city.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
When we were there last year we stayed at the KOA in Savanah, But there is a brand new one outside of Savannah, called Creek-Fire that was scheduled to open this year, We saw their brochure and spoke to the people at the Hershey Camping Show this past Sept. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you search the forum, this has been asked and answered a number of times - this one in April:
Link

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Tybee Island has Rivers End, the campground is owned by the city. Smaller sites but very clean and nice if you are not in a hurry and would like to see the beach, about 25 minutes from downtown.

If you do not prefer a destination campground but a place for full hookups and overnight that is clean and safe Hardeeville RV just 10 minutes from downtown in SC.

There is a KOA and another campground north of Savannah at exit 33 off of I95 at Point South.

Skidaway state park is an option as well.

Redgate Farms is just off I16 full hookups as well and probably the closest to downtown.

I have stayed at Rivers End and Hardeeville RV when relocating back home, the others I have visited friend who were staying there when passing through.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab