cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schoodic Woods Campground

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
The website says there are currently no shower facilities available at the campground or nearby. Has anyone heard of any change in this? I do not have a self-contained trailer so this would present a problem after a couple of days...
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer
5 REPLIES 5

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Flanders Bay clickey

I had a great stay here and they have showers and some full hookup sites. They are great folks. A great place to stay very close to Schoodic.
Full timing it since July 2012

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Solar Shower... ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I may have to call the Chamber of Commerce in Winter Harbor and see if any new shower house business is planning to open, like over at Blackwoods. It would be a good opportunity for someone. I don't like spending $3 or $4 for a shower, but when ya gotta have it, you gotta have it.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
We have a trip planned there also. This is a new campground, built in 2015.

According to this web page in the section labeled CAMPGROUND, they say "There are no shower facilities at the campground, a conscious decision to encourage local business development of camper-focused services." That sounds like the locals want to make some money off of the campers.

If you pull up a google map of the campround (satellite view), there are several new, large buildings shown. These are large enough to be bath houses.

I hope they change their mind. Some folks will start dumping their gray water on the ground because there are no shower facilities. Please know, this is not a threat, but a prediction because I have seen it before.

Sponge bath?
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Schoodic Campground Info
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie