cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Skagit Tulip Festival

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
April is tulip month in the Skagit Valley. My birthday is in early April and through the years my birthday gift to myself has been to go see them. Used to be I'd drive around the farm roads, park along the road, and walk around and enjoy the scenery. Last year was a disappointment: no parking along the roads anymore, and the hordes are herded into parking lots at $5/per parking lot each time you entered a new one. Kind of took the bloom off my 40+ years tulip experience so I think I'll stay home on my birthday this year and watch the tulip segment on the evening news. Way too many folks live in W. Washington. Progress.

Beautiful, beautiful fields in the Skagit this time of year. If you want to see them the best time is Monday-Thursday during the day while the working stiffs are at work and kids are in school. Google "Skagit tulips" for fields of daffodils (1st) and tulips (last), which fields are in bloom, and which stage of "bloomed-ness" each field is in. Be prepared for crowds on weekends and evenings and to pay for parking at each farm. No one, and I mean no one, gets to pull over by the side of e road anymore. Trust me on that.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
6 REPLIES 6

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
jamesu wrote:
bikendan wrote:
jamesu wrote:
MaverickBBD wrote:
DW was raised in Mount Burley Wooley (formerly Mount Vernon). Used to dig bulbs for a penny a foot. Child labor and minimum wage made that bye gone days. She still loves them when they are at their peak. The Stagnet ( I mean Skagit) Valley doesn't need a ground hog when you hear "the tulips are early this year" or "the tulips are late".

??????????

does he mean Burlington and Sedro Wooley?

That would be my guess.

I think he's joking about how Mt Vernon, Burlington and Sedro Wooley have nearly grown into each other.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
jamesu wrote:
MaverickBBD wrote:
DW was raised in Mount Burley Wooley (formerly Mount Vernon). Used to dig bulbs for a penny a foot. Child labor and minimum wage made that bye gone days. She still loves them when they are at their peak. The Stagnet ( I mean Skagit) Valley doesn't need a ground hog when you hear "the tulips are early this year" or "the tulips are late".

??????????

That would be my guess.
Go Cougs!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
jamesu wrote:
MaverickBBD wrote:

??????????

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
MaverickBBD wrote:

??????????
Go Cougs!

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We paid $5.00 but that ticket will get you into all the parking lots.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.