cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St. Augustine, FL Recommendations

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at visiting St. Augustine, FL in January for a few days, needing places to stay/visit recommendations. Will be traveling in 40' MH with toad.

Thanks, travel safe.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor
11 REPLIES 11

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We like North Beach, have stayed there several times.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
This June we stayed at Bryn Mawr RV Resort which is on the ocean just south of the old part of town.

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Retired Phone Man wrote:
I see you have two dogs. The beach at North Beach RV did allow dogs on the beach in the past and worth checking out. Not many other beaches in Florida allow dogs.

Jim

We stayed here last year in a motorhome--nice big sites--lots of privacy. The beach is right across the highway and dogs are allowed...we took our little terrier every day!

2 restaurants within walking distance. And I loved the trolley downtown. Around $35 and good for 3 days--it's a hop on, hop off tour with about 20 stops...a great way to learn about the history.

We loved St Augustine!

Retired_Phone_M
Explorer
Explorer
I see you have two dogs. The beach at North Beach RV did allow dogs on the beach in the past and worth checking out. Not many other beaches in Florida allow dogs.

Jim
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab with 5.7L V8 and Tow Package.
2007 Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 21MB
Peaches - Lhasa Apso/Mut Mix

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anastasia would be hard to get a site to fit. We like North Beach RV, just a couple miles from the historic district . Sites are roomy for 40+ footers. Lots of vegetation between sites so you aren't looking at your neighbor. On one side of the park is the intercoastal waterway, on the other side is the Atlantic. Only downside is the interior roads and parking at the sites are sand/crushed shell.
The KOA in town is acceptable, paved sites, no problems with 40+ footers. paved roads and sites, but sites are close together.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to visit the Alligator Park. We always go there when visiting St. Augustine. It is best when the Egrets are roosting in April, though.

http://www.alligatorfarm.com/
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anastasia has very few sites for a 40 and it can be tight maneuvering. Also hard to get reservations.

Ocean Grove is fine. Close together but on the Intracoastal so nice sunsets.

Be sure to tour Flagler College.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

AdamBryner2012
Explorer
Explorer
We've been staying here the past few weeks and it's been great.
http://www.oceangroveresort.com/

Very close to the beach, with tons of shopping.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you have to be very near the ocean, we have always enjoyed staying at Stagecoach RV Park. It is about a mile off I-95 at the Hwy 16 junction (exit 318) and is very big rig friendly with FHU. The intersection is also the home of the outlet stores and a number of restaurants. The beach or St. George Street is about 7 miles away.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Staying at Anastasia this Thanksgiving. I will look and see how big RVs fit the sites. Anastasia is really nice have stayed there lots of times.

We hope to be over your way for Gatlinburg New Years Blow Out. Usually stay at Pine Mtn RV Park
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
If you can, try to get in Anastasia State Park. I don't belive that you will be disappointed.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog