cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for Colorado Springs

Use2bBandman
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a nice rv park in/near the Colorado Springs, CO area. Any suggestions from you experiences recently?? THANKS!!
John and Marsha
2001 F350 Ford,Diesel,CC,Long Bed
2005 Cedar Creek 5er: 37' RDQS
http://use2bbandman@wordpress.com
10 REPLIES 10

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
MO Rookie wrote:
We stayed in Cheyenne Mountain State park and really liked it. It was centrally located. We visited pikes peak, garden of the gods and royal gorge. Very nice state park.

Nice park. Quite the view from up there at night.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
When we went we stayed at the Colorado Springs KOA. We chose it because most of the sites are pull throughs and there was plenty of turning room. They also had a pet facility where we could keep our pets during the day while we were gone touring.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mueller SP. Was there in July and it fit our needs perfectly and would stay there again in a heartbeat. The shower/bathroom facilities were always clean and the park hosts did a excellent job of keeping things clean.

One thing to know that this campground is in bear country and they take it seriously. No food or trash to be left outside..or you will get a warning from the rangers. We were in a pop-up so we were told that all food and ice chests had to be put inside the truck each night, but if you have a hard side camper, then it could be left inside the camper.

There is a two strike bear law in Colorado. 1st time a bear is seen in the CG, it is relocated...the 2nd time, it is killed. We weren't aware of this when we were there, otherwise we would have planned out our food a little better, but next time we will be a bit more educated.

Overall, I was VERY pleased with all the Colorado SP's that we stayed in, but since they are so nice, the campsites book up rather quickly.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Cheyenne Mountain
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
X3 for Mountaindale.

rjr6150
Explorer
Explorer
gwalter wrote:
Mountaindale is a Passport America park and gets good reviews. We have stayed there several times and it is a great place and the owner is good to work with. It is just down the road a few miles from Cheyenne Mtn SP.

Another vote for Mountaindale.
Randy & Kathy
2016 F350 CC SWB 6.7 Platinum with a few mods
08 F350 CC SWB Lariat 6.4 PSD
Pull Rite Superglide 18K
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mountaindale is a Passport America park and gets good reviews. We have stayed there several times and it is a great place and the owner is good to work with. It is just down the road a few miles from Cheyenne Mtn SP.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think most folks would agree that Cheyenne Mountain SP is the premiere location in the Springs. One of the few state parks that offers full hookups, it's very popular and reservations are recommended. It's open year round, but closes all but one loop in mid-October and reopens in mid-April; services are limited during the off-season months.

I've stayed at Garden of the Gods and Lone Duck (up in the Cascade/Green Mountain Falls area), both were fine for what they are. Lone Duck closes mid-September. I think Garden of the Gods is open all year, but with some limited services.

I've not stayed at the KOA on the south side of the Springs, but have driven past it and it seems to be popular, with the park generally full. Looks nice from the highway!

In addition to checking rvparkreviews.com for Colorado Springs, also check out the surrounding area: Manitou Springs, Fountain (SW of town), Cascade, Green Mountain Falls and Woodland Park.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV Park Reviews.....Colorado Springs

Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend

We have stayed at:
Cheyenne Mountain State Park
and
Garden of the Gods Campground

Liked Cheyenne Mtn. better
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MO_Rookie
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Cheyenne Mountain State park and really liked it. It was centrally located. We visited pikes peak, garden of the gods and royal gorge. Very nice state park.