cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for spots in Northern California - N of Eureka

aussy
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to visit relatives during Christmas and are looking for good spots in Northern Ca. The relatives live in Crescent City so I am looking for spots Orick or north. We are traveling from the Stockton area so I would prefer not to drive all the way to Harris Beach in Brookings.

Anybody have any fav spots or suggestions?
12 REPLIES 12

lmsteck
Explorer
Explorer
We like the KOA in Crescent City as well as Harris Beach State Park in Brookings.
lmsteck

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
How about Jedediah Smith Redwoods state park in Crescent City. Check it out.Stayed there a couple years ago.Nice park and lots of trees.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
KampingKris wrote:
We have stayed at Emerald Forest in Trinidad... I think it's about 20 miles or so from Eureka. It's got big redwoods and no issues with our 40ft motorhome.

Nice campground with big full hook up sites. Has kind of a secluded feel in the big redwoods. We stayed there several years ago when our daughter graduated from Humboldt University in Arcata. I would check the weather though, it get's cold there this time of year. They're on the coast so no snow (usually) but lots of ice at times.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Harris Beach is only approx. 20 miles north of Crescent City.
cpaulsen

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like we'll try Emerald Forest next time.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
x3 for Emerald Forest.

We only stayed 1 night on our way up the coast but and the CG is very nice.

Some pics here.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Emerald Forest
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

KampingKris
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Emerald Forest in Trinidad... I think it's about 20 miles or so from Eureka. It's got big redwoods and no issues with our 40ft motorhome.
KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't stayed here myself but friends say it is a pretty good place, they stay often.
http://www.elkcountryrvresort.com/

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Klamath River RV Park is closed for the winter according to their website.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might also consider Brookings harbor RV park. Right on the ocean. There is also a small rV park just across the border in CA that looked decent last time i drove that way.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
aussy wrote:
We are going to visit relatives during Christmas and are looking for good spots in Northern Ca. The relatives live in Crescent City so I am looking for spots Orick or north. We are traveling from the Stockton area so I would prefer not to drive all the way to Harris Beach in Brookings.

Anybody have any fav spots or suggestions?

We like Klamath River RV Park It's about 30 minutes from Crescent City but the scenery is fantastic.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus