cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tennessee State Parks

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We r looking for nice State Park within an hour or hour and half from Nashville, Tn. Our son and family want to meet us on some weekends spring summer and fall to camp and usually we camp at Seven points, but not enough to do if you don't have a boat or fish. We like riding our bikes and hiking and swimming. Even parks in Southern central part of Kentucky would be ok. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
23 REPLIES 23

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
Natchez Trace State Park is very nice but a good distance away, more like 2 hours.
Cedars of Lebanon, stayed there once, maybe I was in the wrong section but sites were VERY close together. Didn't have room to open canopy, slide out was almost on top of neighbors picnic table.
Would not stay in that section again.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions!! We are going to try to get reservations at about 4 of the State Parks. I love this forum because of the very nice people like all of you for taking the time and helping! Thanks again, Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
We went to Norris Dam SP last fall and loved it. Beautiful area.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Montgomery Bell isn't that far from Nashville. DS lives a little past it and commutes to down town Nashville for work.

Suggest Natchez Trace State Park. Google puts it just under 2 hours from Brentwood but should be easy. Lots of gravel roads in the nearby forest for riding the bikes. Believe you can also use the horse trails in the forest.

Not a state park, but close by and free. If you don't mind dry camping. Meriwether Campground on Natchez Trace. It is at mile marker 385. Would be nice when the weather is cool.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Omrod
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe no one has said anything about Bledsoe Creek State Park near Gallatin, Tenn. We stayed there last fall the staff were very helpful. Lots of large sites (small ones too) about a 40 min. ride to downtown Nashville. We would stay there again in heartbeat; & hope as soon as we can. Just don't let the Osage Oranges hit ya in the head if you are there in the fall.
Omrod
2015 Chevy Silverado HD
2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH
Equal-i-zer Hitch

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
We went to Fall Creek Falls last summer on vac. It's beautiful, but not for the out of shape,lol. Our fav TN park is Natchez Trace, but it's farther than an hr W of Nashville. Montgomery Bell I hear is beautiful and on our list of places to visit.
TN State parks has a free app you can download and even make reservations from. I use it all the time checking possible trip dates for us. It list all the state parks, reservation system, and map access to and from. It's called Pocket Ranger, I think is the off. name of the app, the headline is "The official Tn State parks outdoors guide.
We will be at Natchez Trace for Labor Day, kid free, woohoo. ๐Ÿ™‚
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.
http://thefrugalhappycampers.blogspot.com/

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Island State Park
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Old Stone Fort. It's right on the edge of town, but feels miles away. Pick your sites with care as many don't drain well if theres been or will be rain. We like to go in spring and fall. The electric wiring is old and the voltage can be a bit on the low side.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to campsite photo's .com.Ithttp://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Cedars-of-Lebanon-State-Park/photos/Cedars-of-Lebanon-001 shows all the sites in Cedars of Lebanon,SP.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Cedars of Lebanon State park is near Nashville.We didn't stay in the campground but drove through the park.It looked nice enough.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Stone Fort in Manchester. Not a lot to do but hike in the park and understand the history. But close to town for shopping and day trips to Cumberland Caverns and Stone Door near McMinnville, Jack Daniels, Rock Island SP, Huntsville, or Swanee University in Mont Eagle. Not sure about size limitations.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
The drive from Brentwood...depending on where in Brentwood...would take a bit over an hour. Maybe 1 hr 15 min. Easy drive too; no big hills to speak of.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
Been looking and Montgomery Bell looks really nice. not sure how far it is from Nashville, well actually Brentwood, but my son is closer than us!! Gotta keep the kids happy!! Lol

Montgomery Bell...nice park. It is not that far from Brentwood, go out the back gate, to Highway 47, then over to Highway 96..96 goes to Fairview then to Franklin. Look at it on Mapquest or a map of the area. Our last camping trip was to Montgomery Bell.
Mark

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Been looking and Montgomery Bell looks really nice. not sure how far it is from Nashville, well actually Brentwood, but my son is closer than us!! Gotta keep the kids happy!! Lol
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC