cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

texas coast

bigblueok
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to spend a month along TX coast this Dec. Like to do some fishing, kayaking, hiking and enjoy local restaurants. Organized activities not especially interested in, or crowded sites. Any recommendations?
8 REPLIES 8

Buckleup
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone wintered in Cut and Shoot, Texas? Any recommendations?

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
LCRA park in Matagorda
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

bigblueok
Explorer
Explorer
thanks folks. I have visited Padre Island and it was quite windy, is this typical?

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
i Corky wrote:
Rockport / Fulton is great! At Aransas Pass, there is an airport, converted to an RV park that is my favorite. It is on the Southside of town, by the municipal harbor.
Could you provide the name of the park? TIA
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently @ Rockport, TX. If you have questions or need info. on this area just PM us:)

i_Corky
Explorer
Explorer
Rockport / Fulton is great! At Aransas Pass, there is an airport, converted to an RV park that is my favorite. It is on the Southside of town, by the municipal harbor.
"Corky" & Marj Sullivan

If you focus on the problem, it gets bigger
If you focus on the solution, it gets bigger
You decide!

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Before you get all of the forum biggies, let me suggest you do some research on these lesser spots to see if they might work for you.
  • Palacios
  • Port Lavaca
  • Loyola Beach
  • Port Mansfield

They all lack in a wide and diverse restaurant experience, and bar hoping night life though, but if you're a sportsman one of them might just suit you.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Our personal favorite is the Padre Island National Seashore (PINS)
PINS

We drive our Class C onto the beach and simply boondock. For free. If that is not to your liking, there are campgrounds as well.

Port Aransas is another favorite. There is a state park right on the jetty. Good fishing. Once again, we boondock on the beach but the state park is nice as well.

Just depends on what you enjoy.

Have fun.
๐Ÿ™‚