cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thousand trails resales

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you actually have a home park with TT? Is there anything like the 125 mile rule? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick comment: Pianotuna, we have been members of TT for over 10 years. We are not and have never been full-timers. The membership has paid for itself and continues to do so.

I was previously in the accounting/finance field so of course I did the "how much is the up front costs and yearly maint versus staying in private/state parks?"

We use the system 30 to 40 nights a year and figure the membership costs were covered after 6.3 years. We now pay less than $500 a year maint fees. At $40 a night (low end of private campground) we would have used the maint fee in about 12 nights.

Anyway just wanted to point out that it's like most anything in life you often get out of it what you put into it. We use, like it, and save money with it.

I would agree with your assessment if you only use it 10 - 12 nights a year.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

NashTT
Explorer
Explorer
"Your asking a very specific question. To many different contracts with different language to get exact answer without looking at contract."

X2 on that. We've been told that there have been over 300 versions of the TT contracts over the years. We bought used through a service 12 years ago, and ours is an old one. We were only locked into dues for three years as opposed to some lifetime deals that were later sold. Paid a couple hundred for the membership and 500 to transfer and have used it 70 plus nights each year we have had it so it has paid for itself. Have had the new owners try to talk us into switching to a 10 year deal that expires with more "benefits" that I don't need so they can get rid of us I guess. When I'm done, I'll just quit paying the dues if no one else wants the thing. By the way, my card says Orlando is my home park, even though Peace River is 50 miles closer, so I don't think that a home park means anything much to us.
"The opposite of Progress is Congress"
2013 Nash 23F
2008 Doge Big Horn Hemi Quad Cab 3.92
Reese 1000 bars-Prodigy Brake control
Jill, the crazy Rat Terrier always along

path1
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I think only a full time rv'er would ever get much in the way of benefits from such memberships.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a home park with our Elite membership as far as 1000 Trails is concerned. But for the sake of the RPI reciprocals, RPI thinks our home park is in Indiana. I've never seen a 125 mile rule - just the standard 7 days out before you return to the same park (and sometimes 7 days out of the system, depending on your membership class).

If you buy in the resale market (strongly advised) make sure you get at least an Elite plan - then you get 120 days advance reservations and no 7 days out when you go park to park. You should also try to find a plan that allows you to freeze your annual dues at age 65. Not all resales transfer that clause.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I don't. And I have no 125 mile rule. Lots of TT parks are closer than 125 miles a part. I can go park to park with no time out.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog