cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tifton Georgia

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am planning a trip from the Tampa Bay area to Sevierville, TN next October. I would like to leave afterwork on a Friday afternoon and get up the road a bit. From my location it looks to be about 4 1/2 hours from Palmetto, Fl to Tifton, GA. This would only be a stopover for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations on a place to stay? It would be nice to have a pull through spot so I won't have to disconnect the toad and be close to I75.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
22 REPLIES 22

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
So you are looking for a CG that you can come into in the dark after 10:00 PM. How rude and as a CG owner please go to WalMart as Its been a long day and Iโ€™m probably asleep as are the rest of the campers in the park. In October you do not need hookups that late in the day.

*PS: the WalMart is WEST a mile on the south side in Tiffin. In Perry itโ€™s East a short distance on the north side behind Sunnyโ€™s.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need a campground, the Walmart in Tifton, GA is just east of I-75 at the US 82 interchange.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
missnmountains wrote:
When we head out of Florida, we leave pretty early and stop at Twin Oaks in Elko, GA. Very nice and easy in out pull throughs. Toad stays hooked up. They have a pool and hot-tub that we have not used, but still a nice overnight stop.

Ken

Double ditto on Twin Oaks. Herself loved their saline pool.
Twin Oaks RV Park
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Check out I-75 RV Park in Tifton. It's *literally* next to an exit ramp and noise can be an issue - wasn't a problem for my wife, kids, and I but my mother-in-law was with us and she said she didn't sleep well.

No frills kind of place. Very simple. But, we got in/out with our 42' fifth wheel and 22' truck. We actually were too large for the space and offered to unhitch. The fellow working put a traffic cone behind us and said we were good to go.

Pretty cheap- under $30 for the night with a Good Sam discount, if I recall.

Pictures that I captured:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougsetzer/albums/72157702537914804
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to the Tifton KOA.
Like most KOAs, it is good.....but not cheap.

Also a KOA at Jennings, FL; MM 467. This is next to a Camping World.

And if cost is important, a private "parking space" with full hookups about MM 83, next to the Sausage and Fireworks store. It's an open field. No problem maneuvering, usually.

P.S. If you drive like I do, it will take you a bit longer than the map program or GPS suggests.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
When we head out of Florida, we leave pretty early and stop at Twin Oaks in Elko, GA. Very nice and easy in out pull throughs. Toad stays hooked up. They have a pool and hot-tub that we have not used, but still a nice overnight stop.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
I am planning a trip from the Tampa Bay area to Sevierville, TN next October. I would like to leave afterwork on a Friday afternoon and get up the road a bit. From my location it looks to be about 4 1/2 hours from Palmetto, Fl to Tifton, GA. This would only be a stopover for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations on a place to stay? It would be nice to have a pull through spot so I won't have to disconnect the toad and be close to I75.

Burch

Looks like three options - I'd Likely take C

"Fuel: GD Nov 2018: RV. Called and received permission to park overnight for one night. They asked that we park far from the front door which we did. Fairly level lot and pretty quiet overnight. Thanks Walmart! June 2018: Raining and sign not visible, out of hours and didnt know if the truck stop down road would have parking that late open. Feb 2018: Stayed the night with 7 other RVs and countless trucks, no problems. Oct 2017: We had no issues and would recommend this as a good stopover. The gas station is at the back of the parking lot and has diesel. Note, gas sta... "

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
While waiting search this Forum for Tifton and/or do a Google search for `Tifton, GA campgrounds'. According to our directory there are two Good Sam parks and one KOA in Tifton.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)