cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UFO Musem Roswell, NM

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
Does any one know how the parking is? We will be passing through with the fifth wheel and want to stop.
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990
9 REPLIES 9

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Pass. We were there last year and were completely disappointed.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were there a few years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, the museum is in what used to be a movie theater. While the story of the downed UFO and the newspaper reports are interesting (something certainly happened back then) the whole museum and the exhibits are very amateurishly done. Lots of pegboard displays with photocopies and hand lettered signs. Not unlike something that a 4th grader might do for a science fair.

In general, we were really disappointed with Roswell all together. For being the great UFO city, there were just a couple of knick-knack stores down from the museum that looked like they were former jewelry stores now selling green rubber trinkets.

We are not big UFO believers, but we do enjoy Sci-Fi and watched the Roswell TV show (with Catherine Heigl) from several years back. So since we were travelling through New Mexico, we thought we'd check it out. It doesn't seem like they take any of it seriously or with any sort of scientific slant, but just play to the campiness of it. The museum did have some more serious information, but again it was very poorly presented.

But am I glad we stopped and checked out the museum? Yes. How can you go through Roswell, NM and not visit the Alien Museum?

As for the parking - it is just like any other old downtown area. Street parking in front. Others have said there are parking lots nearby...could be true.

>>

And here's a photo of the cheesy knick-knack/TeeShirt store down the block:

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
This is kind of funny, I was just there a few day ago. I've got one of those rounds TV antennas mount on top of My Casita's A/C unit and I wanted to pick up a few Alien figures to mount right underneath it. if your into reading about the Alien space ship that may/ or may not of crashed in 1940's just north of Roswell, N.M. this your stop. If it's not for thing, just keep an driving. And yes there's a big parking lot just south of the UFO Center. But, got there early in the morning.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
This is kind of funny, I was just there a few day ago. I've got one of those rounds TV antennas mount on top of My Casita's A/C unit and I wanted to pick up a few Alien figures to mount right underneath it. if your into reading about the Alien space ship that may/ or may not of crashed in 1940's just north of Roswell, N.M. this your stop. If it's not for thing, just keep an driving. And yes there's a big parking lot just south of the UFO Center. But, got there early in the morning.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pass .....

Just keep on driving thru
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you are interested in some photos of the inside of the museum, I was there in March, 2017.

The Roswell UFO Museum

Elizabeth24
Explorer
Explorer
We visited it in March, not impressed. Very small and if your are truly into UFO's nothing that you have not seen before. As for parking we used the parking lot about three blocks from the museum but we were in 26 ft motorhome which just fit in the parking space. May be an issue for you as it sounds like you would be longer than we were. One good thing, for seniors, it is only $3.00 to get in. The gift store is ok . We had planned to stay in Roswell for two days, ended up only staying overnight at an RV Park about 6 miles from the museum.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We visited the Museum a few years ago.
I guess each of us have our own thoughts, but we were totally disappointed.
There is a small parking lot at the museum. We parked the MH at the Walmart about 5 miles north. Just took the Cherokee into town.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it's the one we passed, but didn't go in. Several time actually. Then it's just a storefront in the center of the Roswell business district. Parking would be on the street or in a municipal lot.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper