cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Up the Creek Campground

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have searched for some info on this campground but have not found much info.
Has anyone stayed there recently?
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023
19 REPLIES 19

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've done Cove Creek CG and Cove Mountain CG in Wear Valley. Not impressed with either. Cove Creek is the usual parking lot with a wonderful view of "stored" RV's. Cove Mountain was a bit better, more room.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
we really liked greenbrier campground located right off 321 . they had full hookups plus wifi that actually worked. all campsites are on the creek
:W

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
To my knowledge no campgrounds in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area have been damaged, even Elkmont in the park is fine and still there. The only one I am not certain about is Bear Creek Village near Dollywood. Fire was very close to them. I can't attest to Up The Creek as I have not been there myself. Reviews are good on it depending on what you expect out of a campground. Their location tells me they should be free from any fire damage.

I've heard nothing about Bear Creek Village being damaged either, so I assume it is good.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a great place. We were searching for somewhere else. I was not very happy with our campgrounds the last 2 visits to the Smokies.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there a few years ago. Our kind of campground. Large lots, no fancy amenities, QUIET. We were only going to stay for 4 days but stayed a week by the creek. Will definitely stay there again.
Dick OK

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
To my knowledge no campgrounds in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area have been damaged, even Elkmont in the park is fine and still there. The only one I am not certain about is Bear Creek Village near Dollywood. Fire was very close to them. I can't attest to Up The Creek as I have not been there myself. Reviews are good on it depending on what you expect out of a campground. Their location tells me they should be free from any fire damage.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itching2go wrote:
Good to hear that they were spared. We stayed there this past summer for a week or so and really liked it. If you're looking for a resort-type environment with pool, game room, etc, then this is not the place for you. No restrooms or tents allowed as well. If you're looking for a wooded setting with generous sized lots within a reasonable distance to Pigeon Forge, you can't go wrong with this place. We've never been fans of 'cheek to jowl' camping in open campgrounds, and found this place to be right up our alley.

Good to hear that as we too do not care about amenities. No restroom, game rooms and pool is what we like also.
Camping Hoss
Lucie our fur baby

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Itching2go wrote:
Good to hear that they were spared. We stayed there this past summer for a week or so and really liked it. If you're looking for a resort-type environment with pool, game room, etc, then this is not the place for you. No restrooms or tents allowed as well. If you're looking for a wooded setting with generous sized lots within a reasonable distance to Pigeon Forge, you can't go wrong with this place. We've never been fans of 'cheek to jowl' camping in open campgrounds, and found this place to be right up our alley.

Spot on review.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
accsys wrote:
Just make sure you take a paddle. You never want to be Up the Creek without a Paddle!!! :B

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Ha Ha, I like that! The only way I can get up the creek without a paddle would be to forget my dw's birthday. That ain't going to happen!!

I talked to Up the Creek and the fires spared them. We are all set.
Camping Hoss
Lucie our fur baby

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
Just make sure you take a paddle. You never want to be Up the Creek without a Paddle!!! :B

:B:B

LOL!
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
The review on RV Park Reviews indicate UP The Creek is nice. We have stayed at Creekside in Pigeon Forge twice and we like it.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the reply. Our plans would not be until next May. Since we are looking at Memorial Day week we are planning ahead. I realize the devastation in that area is severe.

During Matthew our town flooded completely and folks are still trying to recover from that so it does take a lot of time. It has been a very trying year it seems all over the country.
Camping Hoss
Lucie our fur baby