cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When will you start the flight south?

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious as I am getting itchy feet to head south. Will eventually land in the Quartzsite area but is way too hot still so sightseeing in a convoluted trip down from the Seattle area.

We will arrive around the first of Nov. When do you head south and where this year?
76 REPLIES 76

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
South of Lake Havasu on the Colo River. Wife doesn't like to leave too early. I'm tired of storm watching for a hole to exit. Thinking about leaving November 1 and take the fifth wheel down and make a trip back for her and the dog around December 1. Fuels down so it won't be bad and we won't have to go through the weather frustrations. My buddy next door in AZ is doing the same thing, we can do our guy stuff and get it out of our System. LOL

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are leaving WA about the 18th of October, and will take about 10 days sight seeing in Idaho and Utah. We always make sure we are in Lake Havasu, AZ by Halloween. They close off the street in old downtown and have a major costume party. Usually about 200 costumed people walk the downtown with bar hopping in between.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Oregon Nov 1st for Arizona.

Can't wait! YEAH

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We're already on the way. Just got into California today (100ยฐ at Red Bluff this afternoon). Will exit the state about October 5th and be in Mesa hopefully that same day. Have concert tickets for David Sanborn at the MIM on October 9th. Yes, it will take us a month to get through California - - lots of wineries to stop & sample.

Smoke in southern Oregon was Horrible this morning - - all of the mountains are hidden in the smoke.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
We leave the Adirondacks the 1st of October and arrive in the Tampa/ Clearwater area on Nov 1st. We take our time and a different route each trip. For us it's always about the journey and the new things we can discover.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
leave early Oct, I am leading an RV Caravan through Mexico for 2 months, then I head back home for Christmas leaving my RV in Az,& pick up my wife, then down to Melaque, Mexico in Jan just to chill out for 4 more months. Lots of driving, but lots of sun as well.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
We leave for Florida October 15, taking our time, with arrival on or about November 01.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
At least with the HEAT you can BREATHE without a mask. Seattle, unless it gets that small storm off the coast this weekend, is unbearable with the smoke!....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
As soon as the registration renewal on the Sahara comes sometime in Oct.) and I make the trip to the DMV to renew it, anytime after that. Having Thanksgiving with my brother in Boynton Beach. Taking my time going south from Cape Cod because this is my first time. Plan on hitting Myrtle and Hilton Head on the way.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We're headed to Yellowston from Oregon on the 11th of Sept. We'll leave Yellowstone area on the 21st of Sept and meander down thru Utah...figuring we'll arrive in Quartzsite the first week of November.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
Leave end of October spending time in Southern Utah, Northern Arizona hope to be in Casa Grande by the 3rd week of November.
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
EDIT: Thanks for posting this. We talked it over last night and had a change of plans:

Leaving for FL the first week of November (I can hardly wait!!)

WHOO-HOO!
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
left MA in July heading for TX will get there by 1 Nov

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We typically head south when temps at home reach low 90s or upper 80s...usually around the first week of Oct or so.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Had hoped for the end of October, but family matters will keep us busy until probably the end of November.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today