daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
nm
18 REPLIES 18

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Well we made the run across the desert last week, got to Mesa on Friday, Oct. 1st. Temps fall into the 60s at night, having rain right now! A few people starting to trickle in. Have an appointment this morning to get our booster shot plus flu shot! After a month seeing California fuel prices, almost had sticker shock at "low" fuel prices again.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every day here in Yuma, AZ. a few Rv's more show up and just a tad more traffic. Restaurants are staring to pick up also.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We normally head to our home in Mexico in the fall. It has been 18 months of waiting for the US border to open
I check for news every day. Yesterday I saw what may be bad news. Apparently the border will not open until 2022. No valid reasons.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right here in Idaho, archery elk season last's till 9/30, and then off to Yellowstone and parts unknown. Will be back for opening day of ski season though.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

GeeWillakers
Explorer
Explorer
Still on VI, no plans to go south this winter but will do Hawaii in January. Most of the people I know that go south are planning to go. They are a mix of house, townhouse and rv lot owners as well as ordinary rvโ€™ers like us.
2007 Triple-E Commander A3202FB W22 8.1 6spd Banks Power
2014 Jeep Wrangler JK toad, a Bug and a Frenchie

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
2 hrs east of Vancouver, BC
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

My brother lives in TX and is a property owner North of the border. He and his 5er have been stuck up there for over a year now

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hoping the California national forests will reopen soon. At least some of them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might have something to do with our northern friends now looking at Sept 21 for the next scheduled date for yea or nay for the border to open. Talked to a friend the other day from Saskatchewan and he figures it could be a replay of last season. It will be interesting to see what happens with Canadian owned property if this becomes year two of not being able to come down. They will be at least a year older, maybe two if still closed. It could get interesting here in Yuma, AZ.

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Still in NY. Starting to get the itch. Busy with preparations for migration to our spot in Texas in a couple months.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
If you're actually in NM, we're headed your way...
I am.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We're already on the move towards Arizona. We are in the Bay Area today for the next three weeks before making the run across the desert to Mesa on October 1st.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
waiting for myforums to load

Funny! If you're actually in NM, we're headed your way...

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fruitland ID head toward Coos Bay OR
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer