cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wilderness RV Park

rwillson
Explorer
Explorer
We booked ahead to stay at Wilderness RV Park in Robertsdale, AL - our first time to the gulf coast. Overall it's a nice campground, but once again with C2C we get put down in an area where the sites are crap.

We step down off our steps and just miss the connection for the next site sewer hookup. The sites are that close. And it's covered with dog******from the last people here. They even left their leash attached to the driftwood-that-passes-for-a-picnic-table. And the dog dug a hole under it. The road down into this section is all mud. The upper nicer sites have gravel roads.

We pay thousands of dollars to belong to this club, yet when we get to the C2C "resorts" we get the worst sites. We can look up at the nicer sites that are further apart and can drive by them on our way out.

The free wifi does not connect. Sugar Beach? It's miles to any beach. TV antenna channels - we only get one major network.

We're beyond disappointed, and we're here for two weeks.
7 REPLIES 7

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
This is my Home park. It is not a "RESORT", but a nice quite park with a caring manager. Sure the roads are dirt - red sand. You are in the south after all where few country roads are gravel. I am surprised the WIFI did not work - I have never had a problem.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use Passport America and this campground participates and has a great rate thru them and it's good for staying 1 week. Only $44 year to join. We have never been to a Passport America park where we were put only in certain sites. We have been able to pick the site we wanted as long as it wasn't already reserved.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Styx River resort, a C2C member Campground also only 2-3 miles away from Wilderness on the north side of I-10. We drove thru Wilderness while we were there and were not impressed at all. Styx River was OK, nice club house and the grounds were well kept. Sites were close together and maneuvering a big rig is quite tight but it can be done. You might consider moving if you can. Go take a look see for yourself. Cross over I-10 bridge to the north side and turn right. Its down the road about a mile. The little diner at the truck stop is pretty good too if you don't want to cook a night or two.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You don't say what you have, rig wise....if you have a Class A, newer than 2000 look at Bella Terra RV Resort just south of Robertsdale...they have a "special" available but you have to ask for it. You get a beautiful site, most with a view of the water and use of all amenities. Cost is $99 for four days. You do have to listen to a short presentation but just tell the salesman you're not interested. No high pressure, then enjoy the rest of your stay. I would not stay in an ugly park for two weeks....just sayin....Dennis

If you're interested, check out my blog below for pictures and a write up.

Be sure to go to Bahama Bobs, for a burger in Gulf Shores. Right on the water. Casual/$12 burger.
Be sure to go to Nolan's on Monday Night for the Grouper Fingers and $4 Margaritas. Casual to dressy, live band, easy atmosphere.
Go to Tin Top Restaurant in Bon Secour for lunch and oyster bar. Casual, oyster bar, $10/12 fish n chips.

Tin Top Restaurant
Bahama Bobs - the lower the latitude the better the attitude
Nolans Restaurant

Bahama Bob Burger
Salad at Tin Top Restaurant
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a shame. And there are some great parks in that area. We belonged to a different membership system our first year on the road. Found the parks just didn't compare .

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to pay the difference and move to a nicer site? I would spend the $ not to be miserable for two weeks!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like that's a membership you can do without.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman