cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemite National Park

jim_behr
Explorer
Explorer
I am having trouble finding a campground in Yosemite capable of handling a 35 ft 5th wheel.Am I the only one? We will be there at the end of August. any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
35 is about the max you would want to take into the park. You can fit in a few of the campgrounds but the roads getting there will be crowded and tight. You can see a few options both in and around the park here Yosemite Area
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

TOOBOLD
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM.

klm
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a member of Escapees, check out Park of the Sierra in Coarsesgold. Fabulous park with very reasonable rates - but SKP only.
'02 KOUNTRY STAR DP
2012 HONDA FIT "PUMPKINMOBILE"
GILLIGAN- 1ST MATE CAT - 3 HR TOUR

TOOBOLD
Explorer
Explorer
Try Wawona it is inside the park;however, it is up by the Mariposa Grove. We had our 34' 5th wheel and had plenty of room. Good luck on an August reservation. It is a 30 minute drive into the Valley, but in August there is the shuttle.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Search for single nights in either North Pines or Lower Pines.

You have missed the initial reservation window so you will need to hunt and pick for anything. You may need to check daily. Best bet is mid week.

A couple years ago I was in four different sites on four consecutive nights.
Got to be a late morning routine to swap spots before heading out for the day to explore. Don't get picky, any site you fit will be fine. There are no bad campsites in Yosemite.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
you have two things against you:

one, YNP has very few sites big enough for larger rigs.

two, the few that can, are gone 6 months previous within the first few minutes of being available, so you're probably out of luck for August.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
One of the toughest campground to get into in the country

We just stayed at

Yosemite West / Mariposa

Very nice park
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
there is a really nice KOA on 140.. Between Mariposa and The west entrance of yosemite on 140... reasonable... clean. kids have stuff to do... close enough to a town if you need something...
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
Been there a couple of times and I second the "commercial campground" recommendation. There is a KOA just outside the park on 140, and there are a couple of RV parks on 120, the north west entrance. Personally, I stay at a Thousand Trails park on 120 which is 5 miles outside the park, and this TT park also has a section for non-members.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck in getting a reservation for August. Think you need to consider commecial parks outside the park.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Upper Pines a few weeks ago and there were several full-size Class A RV's there, so check. I think space 42 was next to us and was quite large.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.