cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yuma Flea, Farmers, Artists Market questions

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
The next time we go to Yuma we are considering setting up at a farmers type market to sell my jewelry (silversmith). Are there any markets there that someone might have been to that:
1. gets good attendance
2. has other artists participating
Thank you. I can do all the research I want on the internet but there is no sub for someone who has been there. In 2015 we will most likely do Tempe' Festival of Arts so this would be a nice addition...and lets us stay longer:B
Donna
7 REPLIES 7

Imagone
Explorer
Explorer
The indoor market in Yuma last year was good for many handmade items and the foothills market only on Tues or Wed by the Methodist Church had many good things displayed. Last year I bought a large painted rock with a lizard that was very well done and some jewelry. Also the downtown Old Yuma market is very good too so there are some choices for you.

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:
The next time we go to Yuma we are considering setting up at a farmers type market to sell my jewelry (silversmith). Are there any markets there that someone might have been to that:
1. gets good attendance
2. has other artists participating
Thank you. I can do all the research I want on the internet but there is no sub for someone who has been there. In 2015 we will most likely do Tempe' Festival of Arts so this would be a nice addition...and lets us stay longer:B
Donna

Every Tuesday they have a nice flea market in the Methodist church parking on frontage road between exit 13 and exit 14.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Moishesh, that was something I needed to know. I would in this case definetly check it out first.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
You would be out of place at the flea markets in Yuma, Mostly junk, Chinese tools, snow bird clothing, used toasters!

Moisheh

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of the RV Parks/Resorts have craft shows and sales too. Country Roads is one that comes to mind. You'll find some thing.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

slugo4449
Explorer
Explorer
Look up "craftmaster news" seems to me they have a listing for Yuma AZ.
I did see an advertisement for a Jewelry show at the Civic Center (by the golf course)last year. Also something down in old town. Check the city of Yuma sites.
Hope you find your niche.

Marty

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
there is the big flea market east of the airport and another one but smaller east of that on the same main road. and there is a farmers market down town, old town that is and I can't tell you who to contact for space but I would call or write to the Yuma chamber of commerce and ask them. they should know the contact numbers etc.