cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we get our account back

Community Alumni
Not applicable

It seems in somebody's wisdom they decided to use your original email address to migrate your account login for a password change.  I would hazard to guess that a lot of people who have had their login for over 10 years don't have the same email provider.

Is there going to be a way for us to get our accounts back?  

also what happened to the truck camper forum, as well as others? 

thanks

Steve

14 REPLIES 14

time2rollagain
Explorer II
Explorer II

My name was changed.  Someone took it upon themselves to add "again" to the end of it.

I don't like it.

Try clicking on your avatar in the top right corner of the page and then click on My Settings. The next page should open up on your user name settings where you can edit and remove the again from the end of your name.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Thanks.  Username is taken.  Probably by me.

Cindy2024
Explorer
Explorer

What a mess. Account disappeared, but tech support eventually found it. Had to create a new account but membership is inactive even though we renewed. I’ve logged on to previous app multiple times without issue, now it’s like I never had a membership at all-been one for at least 10 years. Really considering ending this relationship with Good Sam, not sure there are really enough benefits to stay a member. Oh, and you sure do have my contact information as demonstrated by the multitude of emails you send me related to “my membership”! Very disappointed. 

Hey @Cindy2024

I am here to help, but I am a little confused. How specifically can I help you here in the GS Community? Let me know or feel free to send me a DM. I will make sure I get all of your issues resolved!  

Follow the money.........

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Community Alumni, 

Let me see if I can help you out! If you know your Username and Password from RV.net you can use them to gain access to your migrated RV.net account! Simply use the "RV.Net User" button on the login page! 

If this doesn't work I am happy to change your original email so that you can regain access to your account and all your posts and replies from RV.net. 

Thanks for staying patient with us as we work to build this updated community for you! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

Community Alumni
Not applicable

so, three days now of trying to navigate around this mess of a site and see things I want to see, the truck camper forum is missing, the Canadian section is missing as well as a few others. I have never seen such a disjointed forum setup all I can say is wow.  and seeing by the lack of posts, I don't think I amthe only one...  

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

Speaking of bringing things back, Please restore our "Senior" status and show when a person joined.

WTH is an "Explorer"? 

You got "Senior" status after being on the site for a week. Meaningless, as meaningless as the "Explorer" status you're complaining about now, in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure somewhere on this site is a description of the different levels you can achieve. If you're not into chasing after "meaningless" achievements, even just for fun, then it can safely be ignored.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Glad you're enjoying the new site. 

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, we will send you a direct message to get you access to your account back. 
Regarding the truck camper forum, several users have requested to revamp this dedicated board. The Good Sam Team is working to address this - please check back in tomorrow for an update!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

time2rollagain
Explorer II
Explorer II

+1 my previous username is already taken and probably by myself but no access.

Going to get old quick.

Hello, we will send you a direct message to get you access to your old account. Thank you for your patience. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966