cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A plug for Maxxair II -- it works in a blizzard

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
(Dear Moderator -- I hope this is the right forum for this comment -- it is an evaluation of a do it yourself project, so that is why I put it here. Please feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.)

About a year ago, I installed a Maxxair II over my bathroom vent because I was tired of hearing the vent flapping in the wind when we were camping. The installation was not technically difficult, although it was awkward to stand on a long ladder and work on the roof of the trailer.

Lasst week, we put the vent cover to the test -- we were camped in the Eastern Sierra, knowing that a snowstorm was on the way. For ventilation, we had to keep the bathroom vent open a little. The snowstorm turned into a minor blizzard -- very strong winds and about six inches of snow, with much deeper drifts.

The vent did not flap. The snow did not come in. The Maxxair did not get clogged with snow because of the design of the louvers. We had enough air, without gusts of wind coming into the trailer. Bottom line -- a happy camper.

I am not associated with Maxxair. But if you plan to camp in the rain or the snow or the wind, this vent cover does the job.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
5 REPLIES 5

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed 2 of the Maxaair IIs a few months ago and it's one of the best mods I've done in a long time. Also glad I went with the II's over the original Maxaair.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We just installed two on our trailer yesterday. Pretty easy and quick too.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Good to know! We have had them on our TTs for the last 6 years and loved being able to leave the vents open all camping season, without worry about rain getting in. I wasn't sure about snow, though, over the winter, so would close them then. I may not worry about it quite so much now! ๐Ÿ™‚

I used to live on the IL/WI border and those lake effect blizzards where the snow is straight line....a very small amount does get in. Not into the maxxair turbo fan cover, the plain vent cover.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to know! We have had them on our TTs for the last 6 years and loved being able to leave the vents open all camping season, without worry about rain getting in. I wasn't sure about snow, though, over the winter, so would close them then. I may not worry about it quite so much now! ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a big fan of them also.

I installed 3 of them on my MH. 2 plain vent covers and one turbo maxxair with the fan on the outside. I never close them.

They have been thru one big bad winter up North AND 2 tornadoes passing by the CG's I was parked in and no water or snow inside.

2 thumbs up for me too.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.