DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water heater bug screen

Due to a continuous plague of wasps and Asian lady bugs every opening must be screened on my campers. The vent pops right out on the Suburban water heater door and aluminum screen wire hot glues right in.If the hot glue is not sufficiently endurable ...

Installation of neo-angle shower...need pointers

I'm dismantling mine to clean it as it's really a mess. And since I'm doing that anyway I'm replacing the glass. Anyone have any pointers on reassembly? The old silicone I pulled out of the vertical door cap once I removed it looks almost like the ...

cannesdo by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing Touch Audio DVD/radio

Has anyone replaced their Touch Audio DVD/radio? Our year-old travel trailer has already had a new Touch Audio put in once and it is broken again as of this weekend (the touch screen doesn't work so we can't press any buttons or even power it on).Fr...

Furnace insulation

I recently disassembled the furnace in my travel trailer to lubricate the motor. While re-installing the unit I wondered if it would be more efficient if I insulated the heat chamber. Any opinions about this?

GAJ32 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

assembling a kar kaddy ss

I am looking to buy a kar kaddy ss tow dolly. There are not any for sale close to me in South Dakota. I see them on the internet but they are shipped unassembled. My question is has anybody ever put one together and how hard is it to do? When it ...

Fixing 'er Up '03 Fleetwood Bounder

1st Project: Water Heater UpgradeOld water heater: GC10A-3E to GE16EXT. They are both 10 Gallons, ignition controlled, and powered by LP Gas & Electric.I repaired damaged metal around the water heater's compartment.The previous owner had a blow out a...

Before and After Photos

We've finally completed the remodel of our rig. We have a few minor tweaks, like I'm not that happy with the curtains and someone's making a slip cover for me, so the front of my couch is in their shop at the moment and the arms aren't done yet. Sinc...

Roni_ by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Heavy Vinyl Window Tinting for Door

We would like to purchase a roll of heavy duty window tinting and apply to our RV door via velcro/velt weather stripping to allow AC usage with door open. As anyone done something like this? We don't want to use plexi-glass.

New entry door clear window

I purchased the replacement Edwin window for my door. Pretty easy project and I love the results. No more frosted glass window. Just have to find a shade now for night time!Outside before and after:Inside before and after:

gregrc75 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

instant hot water...?

Ok so I stumbled across these point of use tankless hot water heaters.was wondering if it is at all practical to try and attempt this sort of installation in my class A with 50 amp service. I'm not an electrician by any means , but my brother in law ...

Window covering for behind the stove

I need to replace the mini blind that covers the window that is directly behind my RV stove. I'd like something other than another miniblind. Any creative ideas? I've thought of putting opaque window film over the glass but figured someone out the...

galtgirl by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I put my own sofa in a fifth wheel?

Hi - In the interest of having "all the comforts of home" we were wondering how permanently furniture was attached in 5th Wheels. I'm specifically thinking of the sofas. We haven't done a lot of shopping - we're certainly not done - but in every ri...

josh2000 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

My projects.

My trailer spends a lot of time off grid on rural private property so that is the focus of a lot of my projects.I just added 160w solar.LCD Voltage MeterLow water drain hose bib so that I can wash my trailer off the internal pump and tank.(My trailer...