cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a the fence post sewer hose storage, A question.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning everyone, I'm about to add the fence post storage tube for my sewer hose and connectors under our trailer. For those who have done this and had to mount where it was in contact with the gas line, how did you work around it?
1.) Notch out the fence post to go over the gas line.
2.) Add a spacer to the other side so tube remains level.
3.) Just not worry about it and and put some kind of wrap over the gas line and hang the the tube.

Thanks for you help.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
37 REPLIES 37

westend
Explorer
Explorer
This ladder folds up to a very small size. I use a telescoping ladder and not a cheap one. Unfortunately, I've had a cheap ladder fold up under me while in use. Never again.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using mine for 10 years now. Would not do it any other way. 1 Rino hose in this time.

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Coolerman wrote:
That's some cool engineering! So exactly how do you get a 6' ladder in a 5" x 5" tube? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I can probably be done with an adapter kit from E-Bay.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Coolerman
Explorer
Explorer
That's some cool engineering! So exactly how do you get a 6' ladder in a 5" x 5" tube? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mark Baker aka Coolerman
2016 Venture Sonic 170VBH
SOLD:2001 StarCraft Gemini
TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat

redwing10
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 fence post under the trailer. 1 is for sewer hose and one is for a 6ft ladder. Mine are made out of 5" Alu sq tube and I welded on tabs and then bolted to bottom of frame
Tom and Dianne
2015 Arctic Fox 25Y
2015.5 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax
ProPride 3P 1400# WDH

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
So is this a better option than storing it in the rear bumper of the TT? Or is this because you don't have the rear bumper storage.

Just curious is all.

Mike

I have a Rhino sewer hose and with the screw on sewer connection it's a PITA to get both in the rear bumper. Everything slides into the fence post real easy plus I mounted the fence post right next to my sewer drain pipe. So I'm not walking back n forth to get the hose stuff. It's all in one spot. Gotta say it's probably the best add on I did. I also used the same fence post on our previous TT. Unbolted it from the TT and moved it to the 5th wheel. So it's about 5 years old now.

When I'm at a dump station watching other RV'ers mess with stuffing hoses into plastic bins or walking back to the rear of the RV to stuff the hose in it just reinforces the idea of having everything all in one spot.

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
Hangers, nuts and crossbar gave just enough room to clear the gas line.

2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted mine, full 8' length along the frame, from the rear going forward. Made some metal brackets that bolt to the frame. I then use a rain gutter to slide inside. This lets me pull out the rain gutter and lets me put two lengths of hose in one spot.

Different ways to skin a cat I guess.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted mine right on top of my square tube bumper. I used web straps to hold it in place. No holes drilled anywhere. I use the square tube bumper to carry my "pooh wand" and some pieces of rain qutter to use as a support ramp. You really don't even notice it's there as the spare tire hides 1/4 of it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
My gas line hung down lower than it needed to so I shortened the hangers and got it tight against the frame. Then I spaced the post down to clear the gas line and drilled some drain holes in the post. It dries out fine. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
My steel pipe gas line sets just a little lower then the trailer frame so I just bolted the post tight against the gas line. Steel pipe will wear through the fence post long before the plastic post wears through the steel.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

CarterKraft
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Hornnumb2 wrote:
Just ordered my fence post yesterday, any more pictures of how they are mounted. Thanks Michael

Here is mine...I used 10 industrial strength zip ties from Home Depot.
Each has a strength rating of 250 lbs. Mounted the post to a frame cross member near our dump valve.

FYI the white (natural) zip ties are not UV stabilized.
Black would be a better choice for this application.
2014 Heartland Torque TQ 290
2018 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Hensley Arrow modified adjustable 2.5" stinger

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got it.. Thanks...Just thought I was missing something and figured I might want to do the same.

In my case, the end connectors are part of my hose too, but they fit okay. But, I like this option if they don't.

Thanks

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
So is this a better option than storing it in the rear bumper of the TT? Or is this because you don't have the rear bumper storage.

Just curious is all.

Mike

Mike, With the sewer hose that I have the end connectors are made on to it. The connectors don't fit into the back bumper. Right now I'm using a rubbermaid tote and putting them in my front storage bay. No matter how I drain the hoses, I end up with about a quarter an inch of "water' in the tote. Besides the space the tote takes up in the storage bay, I really don't want the sewer hoses under the head of my bed, no matter how "closed up it may/may not be.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
Mine hits the gas line, which is steel, so I just bolted it on. I would not use any kind of zip ties because they dry out quickly and break in the heat here in NM (even if not exposed to the sun).
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide