cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drinking glass holders?

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched high and low for some sort of drinking glass holder for our glasses.
It seems to my surprise that no one makes anything for drinking glasses, only for dishes.
Every time we arrive at our location all of the glasses are tipped over inside the cabinet.
Has anyone made something to keep this from happening? I would think someone has come up with something.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hitch
Hitch
18 REPLIES 18

Trailering_Texa
Explorer
Explorer
Chose glasses that are either larger on the bottom or at lease have straight sides. Those glasses that are tappered outward to the top are always going to tip if not supported.

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
I just use the cardboard ones that they give you in the drive thru' at fast food spots, like McD's. They work great.

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
We bought some bubble wrap. Put in the front of the cabinets while traveling. Takes up the space, so they don't slide around. Use some of the finer bubble wrap to wrap some of the glasses we only use occasionally.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I cut some of the craft foam sheets into pieces about six inches wide and wrapped them around the glasses. The glasses sit in a box and are packed in tightly enough so they cannot move. A medicine bottle had to take up the extra room.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A hotel or restaurant supply company might have something.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas
Hitch

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has a cardboard box with dividers inside so each glass is in it's own compartment. Works great.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The Container Store and Ikea both have these dividers:

Hร–FTA Divider for drawer - 21 ยพx4 " - IKEA

and here's the ones from The Container Store http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/drawerOrganizers/viewAll?productId=10026838&N=81263
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
100's .......Drinking Glass Holders

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have some very tall glasses for iced tea etc. We use the kind tacky but very soft shelf lining and turn them upside down in the cabinet, close together. We have had a minor jumble with them a time or two but nothing broken.
I envision a divider or rack sized, for glasses,stored upside down, on the shelf, to keep them from moving sideways, maybe with padded vinyl etc on the edges for those with a few tools and time.

kpitch
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a rack for organizing waxed paper, aluminum foil, storage bags, etc. (link below)on the inside of a cupboard and can easily stack and store our Tupperware glasses there without them moving. The trick is to mount it inside a cupboard with enough space to allow the width and height of the rack and glasses.

Clicky

Hope this helps.

Kathy

westend
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
We intentionally bought 6 or 7 on glasses and they fit very nicely in an old six pack beer bottle carrier, there free if you drink the beer.
Yup, a soda pop carrier works well, too. IME, paper towels are the best packing material for an RV kitchen. I don't have big shaking going on in my rig (torsion axles with shock absorbers) but packing everything with the paper towels surrounding is foolproof. I also never run out of paper towels.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We intentionally bought 6 or 7 on glasses and they fit very nicely in an old six pack beer bottle carrier, there free if you drink the beer.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We carry nothing breakable -- when we are bouncing over rough forest roads, nothing glass or ceramic could survive. The cabinets stay shut, but the stuff inside rattles around violently.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."