cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gooseneck Recommendations

Phydeauxman
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a PullRite auto slider hitch that I want to replace with an Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch. The Andersen is a gooseneck hitch so I am looking for recommendations for a gooseneck hitch that I can install in my 2014 F250.
9 REPLIES 9

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
The rail version is still a steel frame. The aluminum is only available as a gooseball attachable.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Phydeauxman
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
Phydeauxman wrote:
I currently have a PullRite auto slider hitch that I want to replace with an Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch. The Andersen is a gooseneck hitch so I am looking for recommendations for a gooseneck hitch that I can install in my 2014 F250.

There is an Andersen 5th wheel hitch that fits standard rails and comes with an adapter that bolts to the pin. No gooseneck ball needed. Are you wanting a gooseneck ball in your truck for other uses?

I think they only make the aluminum in the gooseneck variety...and now that I have researched it some...would love to have the clean bed that I can get from using the gooseneck.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Phydeauxman wrote:

There is an Andersen 5th wheel hitch that fits standard rails and comes with an adapter that bolts to the pin. No gooseneck ball needed. Are you wanting a gooseneck ball in your truck for other uses?
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a used Ram 2500 that has a welded NAPA gooseneck ball installed. I am removing that and installing the B&W turnover ball to go with my aluminum Andersen Ultimate as I want a flat, unobstructed bed when the hitch is out.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
I think most people use the B&W turnover ball with the Andersen 5th wheel ultimate.... They don't refer to it as a gooseneck hitch because it raises the ball to the 5th wheel level and there isn't a gooseneck to reach the ball.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
ralphnjoann wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
Just be sure to check with your Manufacturer that your fiver frame can take the substantially increased stresses of a gooseneck.
If a new fiver, it MAY void the frame warranty.
There won't be any "substantially increased stresses" with an Andersen.
OK, I stand corrected. Watched the Anderson video. Looks good.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I have the B&W turnover ball and like it very well. Allows you to have a flat bed when not hauling and has the best frame mount IMO.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:
Just be sure to check with your Manufacturer that your fiver frame can take the substantially increased stresses of a gooseneck.
There won't be any "substantially increased stresses" with an Andersen.

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.