cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I added an external water hose to my trailer

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
A while back I was looking for a way to add an external garden hose to my trailer. Link to thread I wanted to be able to use this hose while out boondocking so I could put out the campfire at the end of the night. Well I did complete the mod quite a while ago but never got around to posting. So below are the pictures to my modification.

I decided I was too chicken to drill any holes in the exterior of the trailer, so I had to locate the hose by a door. I didn't feel like buying a crimper so I used SharkBite fittings from Home Depot. Below is the T adapter that I cut into my cold water line to the water heater.

Here's a picture of the line running past the water heater. I put the line up on blocks for two reasons.
  • 1) It spaced the spigot at the end of the line up off the floor to make it easier to turn on and off.
  • 2) It gave a small bit of protection against things sliding up against the water heater.

Here's the picture below.

I used a 90 degree fitting to turn the corner toward the exterior door.

I then added a threaded SharkBite fitting and a ball valve. To finish off the install I screwed a quick release hose fitting on the end to give me a second layer of leak protection.

And here is my 8 year old spraying the hose and watering the desert plants. Yes I know my spart tire cover is ratty, but it keeps the sun off the spare. ๐Ÿ™‚

So far I like the modification and will probably do it again on my next RV. Here's a few more pictures that I have but they are basically the same.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
8 REPLIES 8

ryanallie1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All.

That is a very nice Mod that you did. But we have an even easier way to do almost the same thing. I had an extra OOut-Side Shower Hose" that I esily connected to the "Original Outside Shower Hose, and had plenty of room for the extra Hose.

Less than 5 minutes work, and also have a work hose to use for hat ever we chose to use it for. I did this many years, and also on our last RV, our Motorhome. And its nice to be able to tuck it all into the "Out-Side Compartment", Lock and out of site until needed.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill & our two small "YORKIE KID'S, who love to travel as much as we do. Been RV'er's, and BoonDocker's for the past 46+ years
1998-34 ft Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
It was pretty easy to do. I bought everything at Home Depot including the clamps to hold the pipe down.

I also learned to shut off the valve and drain the pressure out of the hose before trying to disconnect the quick release. If you don't it will spray a lot of water into the storage area.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing a great idea that I'm going to do. Just inside the basement compartment on the awning side is a pex line that at some point got crimped a bit. Have thought many a time to splice in a sharkbitie union but this is way better.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Can't remember the thread but one mod was to add a hose connection to low point drain. Hook up hose/turn on pump and spray
That would be a very easy solution for my setup!

Dutch_12078 wrote:
I made a CPVC adapter that connects my outside shower hose to a garden hose. That gives me hot or cold water as needed with no plumbing modifications. Cost about a dollar.
But I think I like this one better!

Glad I still take the time to visit these forums!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made a CPVC adapter that connects my outside shower hose to a garden hose. That gives me hot or cold water as needed with no plumbing modifications. Cost about a dollar.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too found it neat to always have a water hose hanging on the trailer somewhere. Seems to get used alot when I camp. Might want to squirt a squirrel. I usually fill my fresh water tank and run off the water pump at the regular camp sites anyway... Water hose is great for that...

I use a splitter on the city water tap and hook mine water hose with spigot and usually just hang the spigot on the front deck rail of my off-road popup.

Guess I need to something similar to your hookup so I can have one when camping back in the woods.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You did a nice job. It looks like a factory installation.

The SharkBite fittings make the job easier.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't remember the thread but one mod was to add a hose connection to low point drain. Hook up hose/turn on pump and spray
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31