DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Control Panel LED lamp

Added a battery-operated LED lamp over the Control Panel area which is usually dark when we need to see which button we need to press! The switch is on the wall above the weather station. This lamp / switch combination can also be used in dark storag...

wmoses by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

6V AGM Batteries

I'm wanting to upgrade by dual purpose flooded cell deep cycle 12V house batteries to 6V 200+AH AGM batteries (4 of them). I've looked around and obviously the Trojan T-105 have probably the best reputation but they are flooded cell. Trojan does ma...

BKing49 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for Washer/Dryer Mods

Our rig is not already set up for W/D. In the future I would love to find a way to put one in. Has anyone else put one in a rig that wasn't already set up? If so, please share your mod.

Vinyl insert molding trim

A DIY tip needed here. We have replaced this trim around the doors and it worked its way out. One door we caught it before it flew away. The other door's is long gone.We want to replace it again. Is there a step, procedure or trick we are missing?

typical 1 hour project...right!

I love this video! This reminds me so much of the time we replaced our kitchen faucet in our old 5er. My husband always tells me that the project will take 4 times as long and cost twice as much. It's nice to know that other people have similar pr...

Inside step rework ideas

On my 2010 Bounder 35H, it is difficult to undo the top step to get to the batteries. The top step cover is jammed in between the sides of the step. I have to really fight it to get it off. Also, I would like to replace the carpet on the sides of the...

Replacing door windows

My new TT has dark tinted windows except for the doors. I have the tinted and tempered replacements. Just wondering what to use to install and seal them in place. The factory used a putty kind of stuff that was easy to remove. Should I use a silicone...

Gluing non slip mat to wood

Anybody know what glue would work? I want to glue some of the anti slip mat you use in your cupboards to the back of a wood cutting board. Thanks

tred0956 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Different style inlet?

So I'm looking to replace the inlet on my 5th wheel to a different color to better match. I was browsing around and saw that there is this different type of inlet, with straight blades like the 30A rv cords you plug into the pedestal.here's a link to...

Tongue battery box/storage

Installed this Power Armor Max battery box recently and we found it has lots of uses in addition to safe/secure battery storage.Plenty of room for sewer hoses/fittings/hose supports and gloves .We also store our portable sewage pump and the hoses fo...