DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Body sealer

Two questions here really.#1 recently added fans to fridge exhaust at roof and had to take the cover off.The four screws in the cover went into molded recesses in the cover, and were sealed in with a white elastic sealer.Anyone know what that was? I ...

Medicine Cabinet

Does anyone here know where to pick up a light weight medicine cabinet for RV's. We have a small HTT and could use a storage space while we are camped for bathroom items but our camper did not come with a medicine cabinet. I have tried a search or tw...

ryanb-72 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How much is a trailer with damage worth?

Nobody probably wants to answer this but I'm gonna give it a shot. We have a 2000 Gulfstream Travel Trailer that we have loved for the last 7 years. However it has recently gotten some roof damage and suffered some water damage. It also has dry rot i...

Water tank drain improvement

Our Coachman TT came factory with only a plug in the tank bottom shown in the picture it's the black plug in the center of the pic.To sanitize the tank for Spring, one must crawl under the camper, install plug removed to drain for winter, fill tank w...

Thinking about installing a backsplash

We bought an older Hitchiker 5th wheel and I am seriously thinking about putting in a backsplash. It's got a rear kitchen. My only concern is how well the backsplash is going to hold up during traveling. I'm thinking that the "peel and stick" mosa...

Wireless Rear Camera and Portable Camera

Phase 1 - Rear Camera (Completed)Phase 2 - Portable Camera (In progress)Monitor/Camera - Uniden UDR444 (a plus is the ability to talk with someone in the rear when backing into those tough spots)Windshield Mount12V Stepdown to 9V

rv46 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey plumbers! Instant hot water at kitchen sink.

I've seen in homes a system that provides hot water circulation via convection from the hot water heater to the various faucets and back that allows instant hot water. How would I do this for my kitchen faucet? My hot water heater is in the compartme...

Unyalli by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Gate Seals

CLOSED Where can I find gate seals?Number on my seal is Fgs3erI tried searching on Camping World but no results.

elkrott by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement 46" tub wall surround- where to find?

I had a leaky roof and wet wood behind my shower walls. When I removed the wall surround it ripped. For the life of me I cannot find a replacement wall surround. Does anyone know any place I might find a replacement? It is a 46" wide tub surround...

spoon059 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Goodies and Mod's

What new goodie's has everyone been buying during the cold months, waiting for it to warm up a bit to install, and what new mod's are in store for the "return of the warmth" ?New set of Michelin tires due to the recall.I have shelf brackets/shelves t...

What paint do they use? UPDATE 3/20/14

I want to repaint the front cap of a 2008 Cherokee after a decal remove exposed bare metal. I tried calling Forest River and they said the panels came already painted. I tried calling Amerimax the MFG of the panels. They will paint with whatever the ...

Wall mount tv?

Has anyone tried mounting a TV on a wall in there camper? Any special mods? Looking to mount a 29 inch TV.

lmarcrum by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Glied Track drape systems

Just bought a Jayco Jay Flight bunkhouse model. The bunks don't have a curtain so my wife wants to hang curtains using the Glide-Track ceiling mount system carried by Camping World. But I have a couple of questions to ask of anyone who has used thi...