Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it worth $63..............

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it worth $63, I think so!

The Fan-Tastic Vent Cover is top quality and it actually flows more air by far than the other vent covers. I have used the MaxxAir covers and thought they were good but these covers are superior in every way.

Here is a few pics of the very simple installation. They are available in opaque and smoke.

First thing to do is remove the second screw from each end along the sides. I scraped the old sealant off from below where the brackets go.

Then I covered the cleaned off area with Dicor then installed the brackets with the nice large screws they proved.

Next step is to pick the slots that work best on the sides of the cover to go over the studs on the brackets that were screwed down, have someone open and close the fan to test clearances. Then place the large washers and keepers at all 4 bracket posts. Now you are done and can enjoy your fan even if it's raining.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
16 REPLIES 16

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
The vent covers have been a great addition. We never close ours in the bathroom now since we don't have to worry about weather.
My wife even commented on how pleased she was with it. That tells me it's the way to go.
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins,
I agree with you that the Fantastic vent covers are probably the gold standard for vent covers. I looked at both the Maxxiar II and the Fantastic and went with the Maxxiar II primarily for the lower cost. Both are easy to install and the Max has the hinged feature with the quick release pins which I like. Can't go wrong with either one IMO.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Camco covers on mine and I am very pleased left them fully open moving and sitting still no water in the trailer even in the Texas rain. They were a very cheap up grade well worth the time and money.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris Bryant wrote:
Somewhat ironic that you are covering Maxxfans with Fantastic covers- just the opposite of usual ๐Ÿ™‚ .

My only problem with the specs FF gives for the covers re: airflow is that the screens are optional on the FF covers, and are tested without them, whereas screens are standard, but removable on the Maxxair covers, and in place for the testing. I believe a Maxxair 2 would flow as much without screens.

One thing I really like is they don't have screens. Fact is you already have a screen on the fan already so why add another screen and reduce air flow? Also installation is much easier and the hardware is top quality.

Hey I want to thank you for letting me know my 6500 Gen would not run my 240V dryer. Tried to get DRV to allow Cummins/Onan to install the Commercial version and they would not allow it at this time even tho I would sign any liability release they wanted me to. I ended up having them do the prep and had Rolling Retreats install the Commercial 6500 LP Gen.

So thanks to you I guarantee before long they will offer it as an option to go along with the 240 dryer option.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Yep. Agree, also. $50 at CW.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the last thunderstorm we were in and all vents open.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same covers over our two FF and they work great. I also installed dual dome vent lids which made it to where we no longer have to use "vent cushions" to keep the midday heat out.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhat ironic that you are covering Maxxfans with Fantastic covers- just the opposite of usual ๐Ÿ™‚ .

My only problem with the specs FF gives for the covers re: airflow is that the screens are optional on the FF covers, and are tested without them, whereas screens are standard, but removable on the Maxxair covers, and in place for the testing. I believe a Maxxair 2 would flow as much without screens.
-- Chris Bryant

Carrier
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 of them in our 3008 and they really work good.

HappyCampers227
Explorer
Explorer
Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Campers 227
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
2016 Jayco Eagle 323 LKTS

The Happy Campers Facebook Page

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Great article. They're nice looking covers.
Thanks for sharing.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
They look better than the Camco ones I put on. Last winter I had some snow come in the camper even with the vents only cracked open a little maybe 1/2 inch or so , i was hoping the Camco covers would stop that but I guess not
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
swamprat 01 wrote:
Looks good, you did a good job of the installation..

Thanks, the Dicor was pretty easy to remove since the RV is only a couple months old.

Really nice to find a quality US Made RV product. So much RV stuff is just plain junk!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
shepstone wrote:
Nice job. Looks good plus easy to remove . Did you have to order them? & Is that a satellite dish I see in the background?

Actually they had them at Camping World. When I looked at the receipt I thought that were too much so I searched online when I made it home and found that was a good price. Yes it's a HD Dish receiver.