cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for recomendations for replacement radio/stereo/DVD

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
the radio/DVD player in our trailer is pretty much a piece of junk. Push the button on the remote to change the channel on the tv, it changes things on the radio, also, it will pick up very few radio stations. It is the OEM radio, Linear Series, not sure which model,, looking to replace it with something of better quality, Have seen tons of reports of problems with Jensens, so looking for something other than Jensen. I have made lots of updates to the trailer, so making a new plate for the radio to fit in is not a problem, just want something that is better quality than the one we have now. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
hershey wrote:
My suggestion is to actually look at a radio display where sold and see just how hard it would be to adjust sound, station, mode without taking your eyes off the road. I replaced mine and I have to be at a dead stop in order to do any of the above. How I miss the simple two knob and 5 push buttons of my old Chevy.
Hopefully my travel trailer won't be moving when changing the stations on the radio.. LOL, good suggestions though. I agree though,, things were a lot simpler way back when.

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
My suggestion is to actually look at a radio display where sold and see just how hard it would be to adjust sound, station, mode without taking your eyes off the road. I replaced mine and I have to be at a dead stop in order to do any of the above. How I miss the simple two knob and 5 push buttons of my old Chevy.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dave
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
Old Duck wrote:
Which Kenwood model did you choose?
DDX272, seems to have all we need,,no need for Blue tooth or I pad stuff.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Which Kenwood model did you choose?
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Let your fingers do the walking at Crutchfield.com. lots of cloices and good reviews on most
took your advice, ordered a Kenwood from them, did the live chat thing,, Talked to Chad,,seemed to know what he was talking about. I have had Kenwood before so know the quality seems to be good. Thanks all for the info.

daveor
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering though,, do most have connections so I can run the tv sound thru them also can I hook up to run a movie thru them to the tv, or is that just something that some will do. Haven't really done much shopping for them yet,, just thought I would get some suggestions on the brands that have the least problems. Thanks

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any decent major brand will work; Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, etc. You're right, all the OEM units are junk.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let your fingers do the walking at Crutchfield.com. lots of cloices and good reviews on most