cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shurflo 200-220-39 replacement or repair

Ribeye67
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Shurflo 200-220-39 in my 84' Komfort 22T. It is my training trailer to see if I like RV-ing. I am slowly fixing it up and just took it out for a trial run 30 mins from home. While working in one of the storage bins I noticed a wet spot under the water pump. When the pump is turned on or off a brief gurgle of water comes out of the diaphragm housing causing the wet spot.

Is this repairable? If so where would I find parts? Internet search for the model number didn't turn up anything.

Also, if I end up having to replace the pump, what should I look for in a replacement or upgrade pump? Is the Shurflo 2088-422-44 a good replacement with 2.8 GPM for the flow rate?

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

Ribeye67
Explorer
Explorer
They were great sale prices. I ended up buying the pump, filter, spare tire mount, and all new marker lights before the sale ended.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, great price! I just paid $35 for a rubber valve part for my pump.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Ribeye67
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered the pump and filter from the site that Old-Biscuit recommended. Had to order today because the sale was ending. I added the inline filter for the hell of it. Thanks to all for the advice.

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of advantages to getting a new pump... the new ones are anti-siphon, can run dry without damage, are self priming, and have a built-in filter.

I believe that they also use less power, with the new brush-less motors.
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Ribeye, I kind of go with the guys here that believe, fix the one you're using now so that is working really good for you and so you don't have as many worries, don't cut corners because you will someday down the line replace it. I've been trying to trade mine off and get a newer one for several years and we still have.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
HERE is Shurflo info

4008 for $60
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Ribeye67
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Old-Biscuit!!! thanks for the info, I really do appreciate it. I have found a "like new" 2088 pump on Craigslist. I should compare that to the 4008 for price so maybe I will want to go for the newer one. If this was a newer trailer I wouldn't be so worried about how much I put into it, but since it is older, the resale value won't be much when I do decide if I want to upgrade to a newer/better trailer. I do expect to upgrade some day.

If you have a website where you find the equivalent pumps as you mentioned, I would love to know what that is.

Thanks again.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your current pump (200 Series) was discontinued a few years ago.....finding any parts will be difficult.

The 2088 is the replacement pump. BUT it also has been discontinued. Lots of pumps still available and replacement/repairs parts aftermarket.

The replacement for the 2088 series is the 4008 Series. 3.0 gpm/55 psi
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
My guess would be the failure of the small diaphragm between the pump housing and the pressure switch has failed. I don't you're going to find parts for that series of pump.

The 2.8 gpm pump should be fine.