cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Dutchmen Voltage 3970 Auto Level System

hfplaney
Explorer
Explorer
We had our new Voltage delivered 2 weeks ago and the delivery man could not level it properly due to low voltage (dealer had let batteries run down). He got power hooked up and said to wait 3 hours for batteries to come back up and then he left. Since then I can't level it. Every time I go to auto level it, it tries for a minute and stops, saying 'JACK TIMEOUT'. One side is about 4 inches lower than the other, but I have levelers under the tires plus blocks on the low side. I have tried to manually level it too without success. It is still off and doors swing open, water not draining in tub, etc. Dealer not much help. I don't want to hook it up and take to dealer! Does anyone know more about how to level this? Thank you! Howard and Teresa Planey. Full- timers.
9 REPLIES 9

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I only have a 3950 but I never had a timeout with my planks! 🙂

rkortes
Explorer
Explorer
hfplaney wrote:
I did get the batteries to come back up and was able to level it finally. The panel info said 'success'! Thank you.

Why not run the genny during this process. Those jacks can draw a lot of amps and pull down the batteries quickly. Just step in and push the button... BAM! 🙂
Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax/Ali
Toy Hauler - 2008 Ragen FA3005
The Journey Is The Destination!

hfplaney
Explorer
Explorer
I did get the batteries to come back up and was able to level it finally. The panel info said 'success'! Thank you.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Plug your elec connector back into your truck and then try it. You would be using your truck battery also at that point. That would isolate the problem to possible low charge on coach batteries.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

calewjohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Even with the genset or shore power, a good battery has to be installed. The Level-Up looks for a battery with good voltage. Thumbing through the screen (using the up/down arrows), there will be a page that has battery voltage, if less than 10.8 volts, your battery is shot.

Go here for your system info and troubleshooting: https://lci1.com/support-levelup

On a side note, unsure if you have Schwintek or cables on your slides, if Schwintek....never, ever, ever run the system with out the genset or shore power, or have more than one good, fully charged batter installed...

Also, welcome to your new Voltage...head over to the Dutchmen Owners, there is a dedicated TH section and the Voltage folks are pretty active with a lot of specific Voltage knowledge.

Cale
TV: 2015 6.7 F350 CC LB 4x4 DRW with 14k GVWR option (4.3 gear), 98 gallon aux tank installed by Transfer Flow
New: 2014 Voltage 3950
Traded: 2014 Outback 323BH
Still Have: 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous 23ft Toy Hauler

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
bighog01 wrote:
I assume you're not trying to run the level up system with the battery? They require shore power or the generator running to operate properly.

Huh? My level up works great just using the battery.

Now in his case if his battery is shot or barely charged I could see it not working properly. To take the battery out of the equation I could see running the genny or using shore power and see if level up works properly then. If still nothing then its time to have it looked at.

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you're not trying to run the level up system with the battery? They require shore power or the generator running to operate properly.

Y-Guy
Assuming from your comment that it was delivered and the dealer not being much help that this was not bought from a local dealer? If that is the case and since Dutchmen is owned by Thor you should be able to get a service appointment with any local Thor dealer even if they don't sell Dutchmen/Voltage.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you done a hard reset or recalculated "level"?Is the fluid at the correct level?The time out is due to low voltage I do believe if remembered correctly