cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air compressor for 115 psi

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a smaller air compressor capable of producing 115 psi. Stage 2 compressors are too big to haul around. Any ideas?
5thhand
24 REPLIES 24

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
I just bought a Porter Gable {sic} pancake 6 gallon 150psi from Home depot for $99.00
Works great!
I had one. It was so loud I didn't dare air up a tire at 6am. So I got a Rolair.
Im not going anywhere at 6am!:B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
94-D2 wrote:
Alternative to a powered compressor, I have one of these. Pricey but will air anything up, any time without any power source.

Power tank

Pricey??!! Those go beyond pricey into ohmagawd.

Yes, makes no sense to get one just to top off the tires. But, if I go for an off road trip and need to air down to 15 psi for some trail crawling, getting back to 80 in the pull rig is a big deal. So, with the power tank, I run tools, (changing a flat with impact) air tires and etc. only fill the tank about once a year if used judiciously, and if not, can be filled by any welding shop.
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

wires
Explorer
Explorer
racer4 wrote:
This PORTER-CABLE CMB15 works for me.

Another +1 vote for the CMB15. I use it to top off my tires to 110 PSI and it does so easily. A bonus is that it has a low startup current draw. My larger compressor trips the circuit at my storage location but no issues with the CMB15.
2022 Solitude 375RES-R
2021 Ford F450

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
94-D2 wrote:
Alternative to a powered compressor, I have one of these. Pricey but will air anything up, any time without any power source.

Power tank

Pricey??!! Those go beyond pricey into ohmagawd.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
I just bought a Porter Gable {sic} pancake 6 gallon 150psi from Home depot for $99.00
Works great!
I had one. It was so loud I didn't dare air up a tire at 6am. So I got a Rolair.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer

Power tank
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just bought a Porter Gable pancake 6 gallon 150psi from Home depot for $99.00
Works great!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I picked this one up at Harbor Freight because it had a 250 psi rating.

Battery boost & compressor
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I went from 80psi tires to 125psi tires and my Porter Cable pancake compressor couldn't get past 108psi (and it was rated to 135). Enter the Viair 450P. It's expensive but 100% duty cycle so that I could air up all 4 RV tires and all 6 truck tires without having to think about how much I was using it.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

http://learntorv.com/product-review-viair-450p-12v-air-compressor/

I aired up one of the tires that picked up a nail at a service center from 80psi to 125psi pretty quickly. I was never bothered by the speed of it.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Put this one on your โ€œsave for laterโ€ or wish list in Amazon, and keep an eye on the price. It will occasionally be offered for a much better price. I bought one less than six months ago for $245. It has all the accessories you may need to fill your truck and trailer tires. One of the things I really like about it is the fact that the chucks are not โ€œopenโ€ like most inflators, and the compressor shuts itself off when it reaches about 145 psi.

Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
racer4 wrote:
That's the one I have and it works very well. It isn't as loud as some of the other small compressors, and it reaches max pressure very quickly. And I've had it for 5 years and still works as well as when it was new.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Viair 12v. Compact, not super fast but it works for high pressure. Have had it 7 years. Great when 110 power may not be available.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
racer4 wrote:

wauw, that's beautiful. How long have you had it?

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB