cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine and Pinnacle

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Lately, we have been looking at the two above referenced 5ers. Tonight I found a website full of customer comments. At least half of the comments for the Alpine and Pinnacle were very negative. Many had long lists of problems with brand new units. It sounds like the quality control for these two brands is very poor. So, two questions: 1. For owners of these two trailers, have you had many problems with your 5er? 2. What other brands are equivalent to these with, hopefully, better manufacturing workmanship?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
19 REPLIES 19

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
I just attended the Tampa Rv Super Show for the 11th year in a row. I saw little quality in any towable unit regardless of price except New Horizons. The attention to detail especially in non living areas is pathetic! Even in high priced units the lack of quality control was laughable.
I'm so happy I got what I have and I have no plan to trade it. Anything would be a downgrade.
Good luck and shop smart AND don't over-pay.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dont let the glitz and glitter sway you. Look for stout over fancy. There are a few builders that put a lot into their trailers like OutdoorRV and Northwood MFG thqt will far better quality wise.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The entire RV industry is fraught with quality issues. Read those reviews so that you know what problems are found and then examine the RV you have in mind to see if you might be buying that set of issues. Folks often try to defend their favorite brand so as to not look to be a fool.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
If your research any brand on the internet you'll find mostly negative comments as people want to vent. These represent probably less than 1% of actual users so take the comments with a grain of salt. Find the layout and amenities you like and can afford and buy that unit. Do a thorough PDI and make sure the dealer fixes anything before the contracts are signed. Learn to fix things on your RV yourself or it will sit at the dealers for months waiting to be repaired, regardless of brand.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Neighbor had an Alpine - was very nice. Comparable units IMO would be Grand Design Solitude, then Reflection. Good luck!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS