any one have one or seen one of these ?

tn_terry_t
Explorer
Explorer
23 REPLIES 23

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was looking at Americana in 2002. Ol' Russ is still around, and appears he's still using that 1990s pickup.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
I would think so as my email was answered very quickly that I sent them
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Americana use to re=badge Cardinal trailers, then they moved to Montana re-badging. I would be surprised if they are still in business! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
As far back as the axles a placed you are looking at a higher than normal amount of tongue weight.
I need some wild

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know the weight empty and then with all that basement full with all that room could be very easy to bring everything

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
Timely topic as I was going to go to Bullhead city to see one of their trailers but they are no longer there they are in Indiana. Russ from Americana RV emailed me saying he was no longer at that location.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
The demo trailers they are selling are 2010 models, the website hasn't been updated since 2009.

That tell you anything...
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I watched a couple of their videos. They were informative, and he mentioned the design is for foreign countries. Thus door on the wrong side. I felt the inside was a little plain. It had nice ideas, but not enough propane storage, and definitely did not like the leveling system. It would be ok if I wasn't spoiled by auto level. All I can say is interesting to look at, and a different design.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

motorcycle_jack
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yea, looks like a TT mounted on a basement/ 5th wheel mount system. Especially when you look at the interior entry well/steps. No need for that setup if designed as a 5th wheel from the start. And why carry the floor flat all the way to the 5th wheel mount then step up to make the hitch connection? Rather cumbersome. I don't need all the basement in mine now (and I live full time in it) so why all that storage? The carrying capacity doesn't look very high as the 5th wheel isn't beefy enough. Not for me!
John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't that kind of barely a 5th? At first glance it looks like a large TT. Why not have the front go over the bed of the truck, giving you more room in the same overall length of hooked up rig? One of the pluses of a 5th over a TT is the overall length, which that 5th doesn't have.

Looks interesting!

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
built for the export market?
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the pictures are backwards

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty cool. Like others, I am turned off on the bathroom thing but that's just me. I Like the storage and could see putting in large pull out trays, etc. Where are the numbers???

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Door on wrong side in some pics, but truck is on rt side of road as we drive in the US.
Puma 30RKSS