cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best brand 5th wheel

fireboat0203
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, I have just bought a new f250 diesel and I am looking for a 5th wheel camper. Most reviews for the brands that I have been looking at are described as junk. What is the best brand for quality? Recommendations anyone?
84 REPLIES 84

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
They're all kind of junky, imo. Even the really high end models, at the end of the day, are trailers. A well built trailer is still a trailer and it's going to pale in comparison to a well built home.

I'm probably regionally biased but I do think Northwood tends to make pretty good campers, relatively speaking.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
The one I own, itโ€™s paid for.....??

Look first at the frames of many to compare, then how the walls are made, compare components like converter/chargers, electronics, roof fans, etc. Pay little attention the glitz and marketing gimmicks.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Pick the design and style your wife likes the most and ensure your within the specs of your truck and buy that one. Be prepared to do work any unit you purchase.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want to spend some $$$ I would say Redwood , but not with a 2500

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
6Ricks wrote:
I agree with the Grand design either Reflection or the Solitude - very well built good quality.

And come with a quality price that a lot of people are not willing to pay.

Ask the question, how good a quality camper can I get for a certain price range, and then you've got something to compare to. $86,000 for a Grand Design compared to $28,000 Crossroads!

How much does he OP want to spend. Then opinions can be realistically given.

Edit:
That's like asking the question, which is the best quality car you can buy? Well, there's a big difference here. A new Maserati compared to a new Chevy Sonic are worlds apart in quality. Of course the Maserati is in another universe compared to the Sonic. But the new Maserati sells for $187,000 and the new Sonic sells for $20,000. How much are you wanting to pay for "best quality?"

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ain't the weight police but...the best assumed quality 5th wheels are not able to be towed with a F250. I'm thinking DRV off the top of my head. Not sure if you could even tow a Solitude and be within 3/4 ton numbers.
Yeah they're all junk.
My perception is Northwoods has a decent reputation but I don't think there are many dealers in Texas.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Best 5th wheel brands ??? Thats like asking which is the best brand truck which of course will be the brand I own type answers.
There are no best brands as every brand that will be mentioned will have someone who had issues with it.

I would search each 5th wheel mfg and look at their top line units.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

6Ricks
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the Grand design either Reflection or the Solitude - very well built good quality.

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
fireboat0203 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have just bought a new f250 diesel and I am looking for a 5th wheel camper. Most reviews for the brands that I have been looking at are described as junk. What is the best brand for quality? Recommendations anyone?

They're all junk, just some more than others. IMO, quality control is the biggest issue and service after the sale. I needed repairs for my rig and had to schedule two months out, sales PDI are the priority.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grand Design Reflection - 303RLS or 337RLS
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS