cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best place(s) for Insurance ?

BFMC69
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if there's an insurance forum but can anyone recommend a insurance co with descent rates and good service ?
11 REPLIES 11

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just switched autos, etc from State Farm to AAA. They were cheaper and we got better coverage if we switched everything to them. Well almost everything. The RZR is with Progressive. Safeco was the next closest in rates.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

BFMC69
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the advice !

That's a good starting point, so now it's time to do some shopping:)

RVpullinGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive has consistently given me the best rates and coverages for RVs for the past several years.
RVpullinGuy
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC SB
2005 Sierra T28 Toy Hauler
RZR XP41K, YamRaptor700, KawiKFX700, (2)Hon400Ex, Hon250EX, SuzLT80

Y-Guy
One thing to check into is if the Insurance company provides Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price Coverage. We all know RVs depreciate fast as dropping a rock in the ocean. Something to ask about at least.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the best rates and service from AAA. However, being we are more or less full timers, we are currently with National General as AAA is not for full timers. Have not had a claim in the 2+ years we have been with them, but a point in their favor, our rates did go down, about $3 per month, not much, but hey they did go down.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
X 2 on Blue Sky...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Look into your regular car ins company. We added our TT to our car insurance company (State Farm) - rates have been reasonable and the one claim I had was dealt with appropriately.

Gerry
Gerry

CarlT100
Explorer
Explorer
I use an independent insurance agent and he gets me the best prices and service. Currently, Flo has my policy.
Carl S
US Army Retired

'11 F-450, 6.7, 4X4, crewcab; '14 Fuzion Impact toyhauler
'12 Triumph Tiger 800XC; '03 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650cc
SWMBO: '13 HD Sportster; '06 Honda Big Ruckus

Y-Guy
We've used a few different companies over the years. After Flo wanted to jack my rates way up for no reason we had our broker get us new quotes. We ended up with Blue Sky Insurance and I've been very happy with them. Lowered our rates, and rates have barely gone up in 3 years. I was looking to have a claim with them after a power line fell on our RV, they took good care of me during the whole process. They backed me up when I wanted to go after the DUI idiot that hit the power line they backed me up and helped me. I use AIS for our agent so they can bid out with a number of custom RV insurance companies.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
We have been exceptionally pleased with the service we have received on claims, past and current, from National Interstate. (not to be confused with National General...the body shop we are at is currently complaining that they will not authorize needed service.) National Interstate was a breeze to work with.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will you be using it for full time living? Some companies don't insure full timers.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.