cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best way to clean/shine up a 5er

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for the best way to clean and shine the outside of a 5er. Also want to know how best to remove those black streaks. Someone recommended a product called Newglass2. Anyone familiar w/ this product and how does it compare w/ regular wax.

Thanks for all your ideas.
23 REPLIES 23

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
When you apply your nufinish do you use a orbital buffer? What do you use on your front cap?
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
mobilefleet wrote:
depends on if your fiver is aluminum sided or fiberglass. If aluminum dont use a magic eraser on it, it will take off paint. If fiberglass you're good

Good question. Mine is a 2010 Cardinal so it's fiberglass. I'm looking for some consensus on the best way to make it shine with the least risk of doing damage to the surface.

I really just heard about NewGlass2 and it's not like a polish so I was open to that or any other idea, even just how people tackle the wash/wax job.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
A good coat of wax a couple times a year. Bugs and grime will literally rinse off without use of harsh chemicals
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
depends on if your fiver is aluminum sided or fiberglass. If aluminum dont use a magic eraser on it, it will take off paint. If fiberglass you're good

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I use Zep wet look floor finish - it's acrylic polish akin to Poly Glow - popular in boating industry. Makes an old rig shine like new - much easier than any wax I have used. Lots of threads on the subject.
Kevin

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just like zep floor finish found at tte big box stores. Some swear by it others swear at it

remdog_1
Explorer
Explorer
Read article here awhile back and owner used product called Rejex. I just ordered some. It's a type of polymer coating that has to cure for several hours with no rain. Initially used it for nose cone on fiver and liked it so much did the whole camper. Just google Rejex, they have lots of products and cleaners.

tx_racer_67
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 9 years old and had lost it's shine so I used poly glow. Looks better then new.
03 chevy
05 cruiser
67 camaro

F4whlr
Explorer
Explorer
Well don't know about anybody else, but I use simple green & majic eraser for the black streaks (sometimes I use bartender's friend if too bad). After that I use Nufinish polish and stay on top of keeping a finish on it with Protect-All. I like Protect-All for nearly everything from glass to tires and anything in between.
F4whlr
2009 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2004 Chev Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison/4.10
Prodigy B/C
K&N F/I air intake